4. The Pulse

I sat in my room and didn't come out, dad was down stairs trying to find a school for me. He didn't approve of Charles' school for some reason. He just didn't like the idea of me going there.

I felt like a monster. What kind of human being tries to kill their best friends. Their only friends. I heard the sound of my door opening and I knew who it was.

"Bruce." I said bluntly. I didn't turn to face him. I didn't need to. He had already been in here to check on me 3 times.

"Um, yeah." He said adjusting his glasses. "How are you feeling?" He came over to my bed and sat down on the edge of it. I knew what he wanted to do. It was interesting to him that my hands were perfectly fine after I punched Tony's suit.

"Bruce, for the 4th time, I'm fine! I've never been better. Look at my hands, check my pulse. I'm fine!" I showed him my hands and gave him one to check my pulse. He sighed and gently grabbed my hand. He kept on moving his hand in different places in my wrist. He looked up at me as if he saw a ghost. He slowly lifted his hand to my neck and checked my pulse. "What's wrong?" I asked as he removed his hand from my neck.

"You don't have a pulse."

"I don't what?" I said with disbelief.

"It's only your wrist. You do have a pulse, I just can't find one on your wrist."

"So what are you saying? I'm half dead?"

~~~~~~~~~
(Third persons Pov.)

Beatrice laid on a hospital bed at Charles Xavier's school for gifted youngsters, as Jean Gray did a few tests. It didn't take long for her to see the problem, or rather the reason why she didn't have a pulse. Jean walked out of the room and into a room with the adults. She looked around the room at Bruce, Bucky, and Charles.

~~~~~~

Beatrice continued laying on the bed not knowing what to do in the situation she was in. Soon she heard the sound of someone trying to get her attention.

"Pss!" Beatrice's eyebrows furrowed as she heard the noise. She slowly sat up and looked around the room until she saw a door with someone peaking out of it.

"Lincoln?" She said swinging her legs to the side of the bed.

"Shh! Your going to get us caught. Come on." Lincoln waved her over. Beatrice bit her bottom lip debating on whether to follow him or not. She looked over to the big window where the adults were talking about her situation. Are you coming or not?" He questioned. Beatrice smiled and unhooked the cords connected to her and the machines. Then she simply slipped out the door with Lincoln.

~~~~~~~
"Well, what's wrong?!" Bucky said rather impatient.

"Her condition is completely normal Mr. Barnes,-"

"Not having a pulse isn't normal." Bruce cut in.

"If you allow me to finish my sentence... Her condition is completely normal, for a mutant."

~~~~~~~

"Where are we going?" Beatrice laughed as Lincoln pulled her through empty hallways.