2. Father

I followed the two to the sick room. Lia opened the sliding door and let both of us in. She told Jungkook to sit down. He nervously nodded and sat down.

I was standing opposite to him.

Like who stops a sword with his hand! That's dangerous!

She brought some herbs in a mortar and pestle and some bandages.

She put them down and started to grind the herbs. She put some water on it so that it acquires a paste like constituency. She  washed Mr.Jungkook's hand with some clean water after unwrapping the piece of cloth I had tied in his hand to serve as a bandage.

After doing so she put some of that paste on the wound. He flinched a little.

"It's okay...It would hurt but this is a very effective herb. It would heal the wound in 2-3 days..." I softly said.

You know having a best friend who is a doctor, you get to know stuff about these things even when you don't want to.

He nodded a little. After applying the paste she put a proper bandage on his hand.

"Th- Thank you f- for yo- your kind- kindness your h-highness" He said.

"Don't mention it Mr. Jungkook...You saved my life" I smiled.

"Yah! Who would thank me?!" Lia whined.

She's still a baby!

"Y- You too Ma- Madam" He said.

"Thank you Lia!" I said and rolled my eyes.

She stuck her tongue out at me.

And we heard Mr. Jungkook chuckling at our behaviour as we turned to look at him.

He at an instant stopped and apologized.

"I- I'm so s-sorry you- your hig- highness!"

We kept a serious look on our face as he gulped nervously.

We immediately burst into laughter.

"Mr. Jungkook...D- Don't take ev- everything so- seriously!" I said and laughed.

After a while, me and Mr. Jungkook exited the sick room. We went to the meeting room.

"Mr. Jungkook please wait here for a while, I'll get Army Chief"

He nodded.

I went out to father's room. I knocked at his door.

"Come in"

I heard his cold and aged voice.

"I see you are back from your nice little walk"

His back was facing me. He was looking out of window. I nodded knowing he is aware.

"So what brings you here? You normally don't come to me unless I call"

It's true. I don't really talk to him. I never did. He was just a someone for me since childhood. I had never received any affection from him. My mom passed away while giving birth. I never knew what motherly love was.

For my father, love for me was just giving me things. Not showing it. I had always sensed a kind of annoyance around him when I would be with him. He never really seemed to care but. It had always been Lia to whom I had opened up ever.

I had always thought that maybe he thought of me as the reason of my mother's death. That's the reason he hated me maybe? I've spent nights crying about it.