61. Promises

Author's P.O.V :-

Next day, afternoon~

"Welcome!" Lia exclaimed as she hugged Hyung Jae and Seohyeon.

"How are you? How is my little niece/nephew in here?" Hyung Jae asked as she touched Lia's seven month's pregnant stomach.

"It's been doing fine. The baby has been moving a lot. Siwoo has been so excited to meet Seohyeon again I can't tell you! He's been talking about everything they would do together since morning!"

Siwoo was their 4 years old boy who's favourite person in the world according to the little boy. The two went together very well.

Lia and Jimin had decided that it was time for them to have another addition to the family so here they were.

"Jae!" Jimin called out as he came out with his four year old son excited as hell in his arms.

"Seohyeon Noonah!" he squeaked as he noticed his beloved cousin. 

"Siwoo!" She excitedly ran to them. 

Jimin bent down to put his son down and ruffle Seohyeon's hair.

She giggled at him.

"Hey Princess Seohyeonie~ You've grown I see~" He cooed.

She grinned at her uncle and soon the kids were engaged in their greetings and plans about what to do since they had so much time to themselves.

It was lunch time so everyone decided it was good to make the meal together. Hyung Jae and Lia fed the kids first so they could have their lunch peacefully while the kids played.

"So Jungkook couldn't make it huh?" Jimin asked.

Hyung Jae shook her head.

"I'm sorry..." she apologised.

"No no its okay. Why are you apologising?" Jimin chuckled.

"It's okay. We can have some fun time on our own like we used to!" Lia said.

"Yes!" Jimin agreed as Hyung Jae grinned.

"By the way....What's that bump I see Jae? Is it something that we should know of? Is it what I think it is?" Lia suddenly smirked, getting Jimin's attention to it as well.

"Um...Yeah...I'm four months pregnant!" Hyung Jae revealed.

"What!? That's such good news!" Jimin gasped.

"Oh my god! I can't believe it! Finally!" Lia giggled.

"I'm so happy for you! I bet Jungkook's being so over protective of you at this point. It's weird that he couldn't make it." Jimin said as he chewed on his food.

"Uh...He doesn't know yet...."

"What!? Why!?" Lia whined.

"Same reason...he's been busy with work..." Hyung Jae replied, trying to suppress yesterday's memories.

"But- wait. Is something wrong Jae? Something seems off. Why won't he know even when you've finished your first trimester? And you suddenly decided to stay for more time as well.....Everything is fine between you both right?" Jimin enquired like the best brother he is.

Not being able to suppress the pain. Hyung Jae spilled all the beans.

"I can't believe he would do that to you...Don't worry...you can stay here as long as you want and I'll make sure to keep you happy. Taking so much of stress, skipping meals and giving up on sleep can have really bad effects on the child. I don't want history to repeat Jae." Lia stated.

The thing that Jae lost five years ago shouldn't happen again because if it did, everything would be over for her. After all she was still so sensitive to it.

~*~

2 days later~

Yoongi stood at the door of Jungkook's study room. It was really late at night.

Yoongi stared at the man who made it seem like there was nothing wrong in his life. He seemed unaffected by what had happened two days ago.

'What's the meaning of keeping promises that at the end ruin relations between two people who love each other so much?' Yoongi wondered.

He finally decided to speak.

"So you're actually not going to Gwangju?" Yoongi said, breaking the silence.

"What? No. Of course not. We still have that project to do-"

Yoongi cut Jungkook off.

"When was the last time you looked into Hyung Jae's eyes?" He asked.

"Hyung where is this coming from?"

"Just answer me."

"Hyung pleas-"

"Jungkook." Yoongi said in a cold voice.  He knew Jungkook would listen to him in this way.

The man had a lot of respect for him.

Jungkook opened his mouth to answer but shut it when he realised he didn't have the answer to the question.

"Well I thought you didn't have the answer, let me tell you. I saw into her eyes two days ago after you both fought. I had to force stuff out of her. And you know what I saw Jungkook? I saw pain, loneliness, hurt, sadness and what not. Your daughter hasn't seen you in weeks. You know how bad I feel when that little girl comes to me asking whether she can meet her father?"

Jungkook remained silent. Listening to the elder.

"The words you said to her Jungkook are beyond hurtful. The most bad thing is the timing. It was all during the time when she's supposed to be happy and jolly. But how are you supposed to know? You don't even talk to her properly to know what's been going on."

"What's going on Hyung?" Jungkook asked confused. 

"Ugh you still don't get it? She's pregnant Jungkook! Pregnant with your child for the past four months!" Yoongi finally revealed tell secret.

Jungkook's eyes went wide.

He though the past four months all over again. Remembering her trying to tell him something. Showing her stomach. 

"Oh God no...." Jungkook gasped and covered his mouth. 

"What have I done?" He said in a breathy manner.

"Exactly." Yoongi sassed. 

"And you know what she told me Kook? She said she didn't even feel like telling you anymore because of how tired she was getting. She skipped meals waiting for you, crying at night. She decided to stay at Gwangju for two weeks just so she can avoid you. Yet, while she was leaving she asked me to see that you eat and sleep on time. Why do you mess up like this?" He asked.

"She made me promise her that I won't tell you but it's better break promises which destroy relations."

"Hyung, we have to go. We need to get to Gwangju!" Jungkook panicked and got up.

"No we don't if you are going just because she's pregnant. This it's what she didn't want me to tell you. So are you going because you want to mend it to her or is it because her pregnancy?" Yoongi asked as he blocked the way.

"I need to go because I've done a mistake. I need to go because I was wrong and I need to see her!" Jungkook's answer satisfied Yoongi so he agreed on starting then.

___________________________________

Looks like a part 3 is needed. Oof.

I wanted to do a triple update but I'm just so out of energy. Sorry....I'll update soon. So let's have a double update!

- Sarisha💕