41. Arena

I felt way better now, till a little tired from everything though.

It was evening now that I was sitting by the pond of the palace. I can't believe I was standing in the water yesterday at night, chanting magical words and getting blessed with powers of controling water.

I didn't try to do any magic just yet though. I felt too drained to do any. It sure took a great deal of strength to give commands to the water.

Letting out a breath, I tried to relax. My hand caressing my stomach.

I didn't want to be negative just yet, I wanted to give a little rest to this baby nestling in my womb too. I didn't know what to do with it yet....I guess I would just go with the flow right now. We would figure something out.

I haven't heard anything about Jungkook's bail either. He was supposed to be let out right? I'll have to tell Jimin about it soon....

There have been so many things taking place in the last few days that it's been so crazy- I don't know what to think of it.

"You're here I see."  I heard someone say from behind me and I couldn't help with the bitter expression that took over my face when I figured out who it was.

I felt him stand beside me.

"I heard you were having fever. Take care princess, don't want you to not enjoy the surprise I have in store for you for your birthday tomorrow" He snickered.

"I don't want anything from a prick like you." I retorted.

"Why so cold to this handsome Prince? I'm sure you would have heard how all young women in our Kingdom are heads over heels for the legendary and brave Prince YoungJin." He smirked.

"Oh really? But all I've heard is about a power hungry monster who behaves like bastard." I rolled my eyes.

I didn't even know where this courage was coming for. I was just so done with everything. I think yesterday's session with the Goddess of Moon had implanted some courage to stand up for myself too.

"Watch that pretty mouth yours. You'd be regretting all these words tomorrow when you see what happens to that oh-so-loving lover of yours. Soon you would be owned by me and I'd have so much of power, it won't be hard to start a war which I can win with the other kingdoms!" He laughed with evil spilling out of his mouth.

As soon as those words about Jungkook slipped out of his damned mouth, it seemed as if a fire of fury had lit itself inside me somewhere.

"To hurt Jungkook you have to go through me first bastard and I swear to God Young Jin, if you hurt him, you will pay for it and who knows maybe that pay back will cost you your life?" I muttered with some unknown girl taking over me.

He seemed taken aback too.

"You won't he able to do anything to save him now!" He shot back before walking away like a coward.

Who was that girl who spoke to him? That sure didn't sound like me.

I'd never have that kind of courage to speak up for myself. It's so amusing. Everything is so weird.

~*~

"Jae! Jae! Jae! Wake up! Wake up! Wake uppppppppp~!"

I whined in response.

"Let me sleep~" I mumbled and tried to get under the blanket just to have it yanked off the bed.

I shivered when the morning cold air came in contact with my skin.

"Yah!" I shouted and jolted up.

I opened to meet a Jimin and Lia in all smiles. All of a sudden both hugged me from both my sides and started swaying me from side to side while singing;

"Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Jae~
Happy birthday to you~!"

I giggled when I realised why they were doing it.

"Awe you guys~ Thank you!" I grinned.

"Someone's a big girl today isn't it Lia?" Jimin said.

"Indeed it seems so." she smiled.

They were still hugging me from both sides.

"But I wonder who this someone is you know?" Jimin asked with a playful smile.

Lia hummed in response, the humming sending vibrations through out my right side.

"It's me!" I giggle and grin cheekily.

Jimin ruffled my hair before whispering Happy birthday once more.

But we all stopped when there was a sudden knock on the door.

"Come in" Jimin called out with the normal emotionless look we always have to pain our faces with. They let go of me as I put on the same expression.

"Prince, the king had sent me to tell you all that there has been a special show arranged for Princess's birthday today. You all are requested to get to the Arena as early as possible." The maid says and leaves immediately without letting her ask what was this show about.

"Special show for me? In the Arena? What is going on?" I asked with crinkled eyebrows.

"Whatever it is, if it's in the open arena...Then it cannot be pretty at all." Lia said.

That's true. All that happened in the Arena was bloodshed. And something for MY birthday? 

I mean hello, the last time I checked, my existence wasn't even important.

I dressed up quick and we made our way to the Arena after I prayed to God to keep mom's soul at peace since today, it's her 21st death anniversary....

When we entered, the Arena was flooding with people. Me and Jimin were made to sit beside father. He volunteered to sit in the middle of me and Father thankfully.

I was staring at the crowd nervously. What was happening?

We were sitting at a platform which had stares leading down into ground of the arena. There were two guards at the base of the staircase. There were two huge gates facing each other on the ground. The walls of the arena and the 'battle field' as some might say was separated by water which resided in between placed in the depth dug to make it look like that. There were bridges joining the door ways and the field.

While I was thinking what could be going on, when the announcer announced what was going to happen, my heart stopped and sank.

"We are all gathered here to witness a fight between Prince Young Jin and Mr. Jungkook!"

___________________________________

Guys. Get ready for the roller coaster ride you're about to get on. The next few chapters will make you love and hate me XD I don't know which one would be more but yeah!

Keep on reading to find out what happens next becauseeeeeeee I'm telling you~ You wouldn't have seen such a thing before * smirks *

Hope you liked it!

- Sarisha💕