58. Attack

"Ready?" Jungkook asked.

I let out a deep breath and gulped while nodded.

I felt his hand taking mine.

"You can do it alright? I know it. I believe in you." he said, with a soft smile.

I nervously smiled back.

I scared and nervous but the thought of a positive outcome still managed to tickle my spine.

Why all this nervousness you ask?

Because it's the day.

The day, where I have chance to conquer my fears.

The day when I can take back all I've lost.

The day that I can show him that I'm so much more than his "Good for nothing".

We were so close to the palace, just one signal from me and we could get in from the secret entrance.

We let our horses stay hidden in the deep forest behind the palace while we went by foot to the back wall.

"Be as quiet as possible." I whispered to everyone. Yoongi nodded at me and looked at all the soldiers.

Pressing one particular brick in the wall, I went and pushed against it. As expected, the wall moved open.

Signalling everyone to get inside quickly, I closed the door when everyone was in and pushed the brick back into the wall. Hence, closing the door.

"Now listen...As we had discussed the arrangements of the positions of soldiers, we would attack them in the same manner. While you all tackle them, I would fight my way to Jimin oppa's room and get him. Then we would see what to do with the king because I'm not sure about where he could be at." I whispered as everyone listened to me with all their concentration.

They all nodded again and we crept out of the stable after attacking two guards and making them unconscious.

I signalled them about me going and I saw them come out of their covers. They finally started what they had come for, taking everyone down.

I hide behind pillars and took some guards down until I reached the sick room. I thought they should be here. I opened the door and saw Jimin protectively standing in front of Lia.

He gave out a sigh of relief when he saw it was me.

Emotions took over me and I just knew I had to hug him.

We did a mini group hug.

"You're okay?" I asked them.

Then smiled and nodded.

"Let's go then! Lia, lock the door. Don't open or answer anyone unless I make it clear it's us okay?"

"Okay." She nodded as we exited and heard the click of the lock.

We looked and went around to see if we could find Jungkook. That's when I heard him.

"You! Jimin what did I tell you about this girl finishing our Kingdom? Why are you with her? I won't doubt if you told me that she has taken you hostage!" He spat and took out his sword to point at me.

"Jae you need to face him. Fight him. Go. I'll look after the rest with Jungkook." Jimin said.

"You're supporting her?! Our enemy Jimin? Is this what I brought you up for?! To be an unfaithful rat!?" Father shouted with wide eyes. Jim in's expression however was very calm.

"It's not be who is unfaithful. It's you who is wrong. None of this would happen just if you had been good to mom, good to Jae. You called this upon yourself dad. You don't think of Jae as your daughter? No. She and I both don't see you as our Father. 
Because a father is supposed to be a hero for their kids' not a villain." Jimin replied with silent fury burning inside of him.

He looked at me before nodding and going away as if saying "I trust you, do it."

I was now in a place alone with him. Swords in both our hands and I saw it coming when he angrily attacked me.

I easily dodged it and moved away.

Even though he had tormented me all my life, I didn't want to hurt him for some reason.

So I stuck to defense. But for hope long could I do that? So slowly I started attacking too.

Swaying my sword from side to side, blocking his throws I led him  slightly into the room. We were still fighting.

Clinking of swords being loud and clear, proudly echoing through the hallways.

"You will pay!" He shouted all of a sudden.

"Why did you do this to me all the years? What is there that Jimin Oppa can do but I can't?"

"Everything. You're useless!"

"You wouldn't know UNLESS YOU GAVE ME A CHANCE! I'M SO SICK OF YOUR MEANINGLESS FIGHTS AND HATRED TOWARDS ME. ACTING LIKE A KID FATHER!" I screamed and threw his sword away.

Panting I saw him fall to the ground. I lowered my sword towards him because in case he pulls anything.

I saw him huff out a breath before looking at me with sad eyes. An emotion that I had never ever seen in him.

He suddenly sighed, making it seem like he felt...felt guilty?

I saw tears well up in his eyes making my eyes soften.

"You're right....I- I'm so sorry." He squinted his eyes and looked at the ground as if he was ashamed.

"I- You're right. I've been thinking about it lately...." Henry kept on repeating and insisting that he knew that he was unforgivable but still, if someday I do then it would make him really happy. 

"I- It's fine....Just stop looking down upon me." Maybe it was heater to forgive.

I didn't want to hurt him. After all he was my father. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding.

I nodded and walked out of the room when I heard Jungkook and Jimin call out my name.

I walked out and smiled at them.

I suddenly see their faces turn into horror stricken ones.

"JAE BEHIND YOU!" Jungkook suddenly shouts.

I turned back and as if it was a reflex action, I pulled my sword up to my chest.

I saw Father's vengeful face twist into a painful one when my sword pieced through his heart. Horrified I quickly moved away from the sword stuck in his chest. In a matter of seconds he was on the ground, lifeless. I gasped in horror and back away even more, when I felt someone hold me by my arms.

Tears stinging my eyes, I was turned around.

"Are you okay?!" Jungkook shrieked as he inspected me, looking into my eyes.

He suddenly hugged my tightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" He breathed hard.

"J- Jungkook- I- I-" My lips quivered.

"Shh...Baby it's alright. It isn't your fault. He was the one who brought this a upon himself. Before you start blaming yourself, it's all okay. You did it out later self defence and nothing else okay?" He whispered softly and rubbed my back.

___________________________________

Sorry it took a little longer. I don't know how much more I will be able to update and there is able high chance of the book being on hold for like a month or something.

I don't want it on hold!

Also end is near peeps 👀

Please do check out my "Without me" ff~ It's jimine hehe

- Sarisha💕