Chapter One

"Cinderella!!!" I was jolted awake by my step-sister Layla screaming my name, I looked over at the clock. It wasn't even time for me to get up to make breakfast, I groaned and rolled over. "Cinderella!!!!" Layla screamed again. 

"What?!" I screamed back, having the basement room kind of sucks cause I wake up to screaming all the time. 

"Have you seen my sparkly tank top?" She asked, I stared blankly at the ceiling. 'She woke me up thirdly minutes early to ask about a damn tank top.' I thought as I sat up! 

"It's in the dryer!" I yelled, after a minute of not hearing Layla I figured she'd found it. I was to awake to go back to sleep but it was to early to cook breakfast, so I decided to take a shower. I had to travel up two sets of stairs to the bathroom, I set the clothes that I brought with me on the counter and turned on the water. As the water warmed up I looked in the mirror, I like to say I look like my father from the pictures. I had his golden brown hair, it fell down my back in thick waves, but my eyes I got from my mother. A sapphire blue with a black ring around my pupil. After taking a short shower I quickly got dressed and headed for the kitchen, my family had strick orders for breakfast. My step-mother Destiny had to have scrabbled eggs with only a slight hint of pepper with three sticks of bacon, Layla had to have a omelette with ham, cheeze, and peppers in it with two sticks of bacon, but Kayla was the easiest of all...fried egg with salt on it with four sticks of bacon. But cooking for them was easy now and it helped that we had an awesome stove, but by the time they all came down stairs for breakfast everything was set up. 

"Ah thank you Cinderella," Destiny said, I gave her a small smiled and nod. Destiny was distant and may favor her daughters over me but she wasn't a bad step-mother, a little bossy and demaning but she praised me and bought me some stuff. It was Layla and Kayla who made my life miserable, and out of those two...it was Layla who did most of the bullying. But I blame it on their wolves really, they were jealous of me and my wolf. I was an alpha's daughter, I may not be in line to rule the pack but I was to carry on the alpha blood line. So I was more of a pick for a potential mate then them two, and they hated that. "Go eat, we can't have you passing out while your out shopping" Destiny said, breaking me out of my thoughts. Now I was very simple to feed, my breakfast was two chocolate chip waffles and a coke. I left early to go the market, I didn't have to work today which was okay but it just ment I had to clean and restock the supplies. I took out the long shopping list I was left with, with was long:

Apples
Bananas
Mangos
Pears
Strawberries
Silk cloth
Milk
Meat
Carrots
Tomatos

The list went on, I sighed and set off. It was early morning in the town so no body was really out, the store owners waved to me as I passed. Humans mostly lived in the town, it use to be only full of the Frost pack but the horrible attack left us with few wolves and lots of houses. David, my dads beta when he was alpha and his best friend, told humans that the houses were for rent and now we live in peace with them. But werewolves living with humans that's also a disaster, so we all have rules. rules for werewolves: 1) Do not shift infront of a human, 2) Don't tell a human about being a werewolf, and 3) Protect the humans from any danger. Rules for human: 1) Don't go out after curfew and 2) Don't go into the woods at night. Kind of sucks that the humans had less rules than us but we have to live with it.

"Cinderelly! Cinderelly!" I stopped when I heard my name being called, I turned to see my two best friends running towards me. Jaq and Gus Alexander, twin brothers and the sons of David Alexander. They were my only friends in the pack, most of the pack members were adults, Kayla and Layla were the only other two and I wasn't gonna be friends with them. They had the same face, being twins and all, they had long noses, dark brown eyes, and brown hair. But Jaq was taller and lanky while Gus was short and pudgy, Jaq was more brave than Gus but that didn't stop Gus from helping Jaq out when he asked.

"Guys, what's up." I said as they ran up, Jaq was wearing his usuall orange hoddie jacket and wearing a red shirt under it while Gus was wearing a green shirt.

"Did you hear? The Kennedy pack is coming to town!" Now that caught my attention, the Kennedy pack was a very old and powerful pack, their oldest is nine hundred year old. That fucking old, and he's still getting into fights. But back when my father was alive he was close friends with the Kennedy's alpha, they haven't been around sense he's been dead but I've heard they've been in an epic battle with the genetic werewolves. 

"No, I did not hear that." I said, I spotted one of the fruit carts in the outside market and made my way over, Jaw and Gus followed me. "Why?" I asked them as I picked up an apple.

"Father told us that they heard that our numbers have shrunken and that they want to talk some joining our pack." Gus said, my eyes widen and I almost dropped the apples that I was picking up. 

"What? Really?" I asked putting the apples in the bag that I had grabbed, they both nodded their head excitely.

"Yep, father said that the alpha and his family is staying with us at our house, and that the alpha is looking for his son a mate." Jaq said, I groaned at hearing that, I grabbed a few more bags of fruit and paid for it. It was around the time of mating season, and during that time it all unmated werewolves of age will find their mate around the age of 15 to 19. What made our pack so small is that a lot of werwolves lost their mates that day, I still haven't found mine and I think mine was one of those killed. 

"We must go, father said he wanted us there to greet them, see you later Cinderella." Gus said, I said goodbye and watched them scurry away. I sighed and turned around to continue to shop but slammed into something hard, me and my bag fell to the floor, making everything I had spill out. 

"I'm sorry!" I said as I looked up at who I bumped into, anything else that I was about to say died on my lips and a high whine came out instead. 'This is bad,'