Chapter Three

After returning home I was putting everything where it belonged when Destiny walked into the kitchen, her aurburn hair was pulled into a bun on the side of her head, she was wearing a dark jeans with a red top. I could see why my dad like her, she was pretty and she was a good Luna too, but the bitter part of me says that it should have been my mother being by my father's side. 

"You look nice, where are you going off too?" I asked and by the look on her face, it wasn't the right question to ask.

"To the pack meeting with the Kennedy's...like you should be doing as well, what the hell Cinderella!" She snapped, her gray eyes were on fire and almost glowed. 'Shit,' I thought as I shrank back.

"I-i'm sorry I didn't know!" I said looking at the floor, I heard Destiny growl again.

"Layla and Kayla found you in town and told you!" She snapped, my eyes snapped open then narrowed, 'Those bitches!' My wolf growled at the thought of them two, all though it explanes why they were in town. I took a deep breath

"Oh yes, I must have forgot please forgive Destiny, I shall go get ready." I said, her gray eyes followed my every move

"Make it quick!" She snapped, I didn't hesitate ether I bolted down the stair to my basement room. I did stop to pause and stare at the door across from mine, I didn't know what it was for Destiny said it was for storage. I entered my room and locked the door behide me, I quickly ran over to my closet and looked at everything. Pack meetings are usually where the older wolves talk about whatever packs talk about, while the younger wolves get the chance to challage eachother and me being me I love challaging Jaq and Gus. I put on some black skinny jeans with a dark blue shirt with a jean jacket with black boots, I pulled my golden brown hair in a high pony tail. When Destiny said it was time to leave I hopped up the steps, I met Destiny at the top of the stairs, she gave me a quick look over and nodded her head. "Layla! Kayla! Come on, we have to go!" She yelled.

"Can I go a head so I can meet up with Gus and Jaq?" I asked, Destiny looked at me and nodded.

"Be carefull, it's almost the human's curfew and they will make you go home if they catch you." She said, I nodded my head and headed out the door. Every pack meeting that we have are held deep in the woods so humans won't stumble into our busness, I stood on the porch trying to figure out which way to go.  'Woods or path? Woods...or path? Woods.' I finally desiding as I bolted off into the woods, having super speed is a purk. Trees blurred as I ran past them, animals scurried away as I past them but soon I started to slow down when I noticed I was starting to come to the spot. I stopped and walked into the clearing, it shocked me at how many wolves were here, but most came from the Kennedy pack.

"Cinderelly!" My head turned the direction that my name was being called, Gus and Jaq was waving at me from across the clearing, Jericho standing close to them. I skipped over to them, noticing that for once Jaq wasn't wearing his orange hoodie, he was wearing a red long sleeved shirt with black dress pants, Gus was wearing a green long sleeve shirt with dark brown dress pants. 

"Wow Jaq, your not wearing your hoodie!" I said bouncing up to them, Jaq scoffed and held out his arms.

"I know and look how different I look! I told father that I wouldn't be myself without my hoodie, and he dare tell me that I shouldn't be myself." Jaq said dramatically, which left me and Gus in giggles, Jaq looked offended that we laughed and walked off to pout. While Gus went to comfort his brother I went to bug Jericho, he hadn't talked sense I had walked up.

"Don't you look like a bucket of sunshine." I said standing next to him, his black ringed dark green eyes looked at me boredly, he was wearing a black shirt with black dress pants "I mean our pack meeting aren't as exciting as your but-" I was cut off by Jericho.

"Why do you have meeting in the woods? It's so cowardly hiding in the woods from a bunch of humans!" Jericho snarled at me, his eyes glaring at me with such fire that I could almost feel the flames licking at my skin. I sighed and looked at the dimming sky, I still could fill his eyes on me.

"When I was born the pack was filled in sixty-five werewolves, it may not have been a large pack yet but we were getting there." I looked at him, my black ringed sapphire blue eyes met his black ringed dark green ones. "Than they attacked, destroying everything and everybody I knew, our pack of sixty-five were cut short to twenty-five. What else could we do, most people's mates were killed so David did what he thought would help and that was bring the humans to the town, and we can't really have pack meeting in the middle of town now can we " I finished, He didn't speak for a while but I could see that my words were spinning in his head.

"But why humans? Why not another pack?" He asked, my eyes narrowed. 

"Cause we didn't need another pack coming in and taking over, we needed time to heal...humans aloud that. Now it doesn't matter, packs gonna chance wether we like it or not." I said, Jericho opened his mouth to say something more but Christian and David calling the meeting in order.