Chapter 11

A/N: I think you get the point by now. Bold = not mine

"Well, I for one am absolutely ecstatic that we met again, Goldstein," I say, voice dripping with sarcasm as I inspect the cramped brick alcove we Apparated into. Tina pays no mind to my attempted insults, instead turning to Newt. 

"Who are you?" She asks, voice octaves higher than when we met before, obviously surprised at the fact that two mildly confused foreigners and their pet could wreak so much havoc in such a short amount of time.

"I'm sorry?" Newt asks, tone switching between bemused at the Niffler's mischief-causing and offended because of the sudden relocation. 

"Who are you?" Tina's voice drops into a low whisper. 

"Newt Scamander. And you are?" Oh, Newt. Now is not the time for pleasantries, unless small talk can distract someone as sharp as her.

"An absolute as- " I start, but am quickly interrupted by a cutting glare from Tina directed at me and cutting words directed at Newt. 

"What's that thing in your case?" She exclaims, probably wishing she had never gotten herself into this mess. 

"That's my Niffler," Newt says casually, half-smiling, gesturing at a smear of mustard on Goldstein's upper lip, "Uh, you've got something on your - " I am hoping against hope that Newt grasps the severity of our situation and is just attempting to distract. 

"Why in the name of Deliverance Dane did you let that thing loose?!" Tina asks incredulously. 

"Yes, because we definitely meant to rob a bank..." I mutter, crossing my arms in front of my chest. Somewhere in the street in front of us, something explodes. Whoops. 

"Now is not the time, Heidi!" Newt breathes out of the side of his mouth, "We didn't mean to - he's incorrigible, you see, anything shiny, he's all over the place - "  

"You didn't mean to?" Definitely wishing she had never gotten herself into this mess. 

"No." Newt says quickly. Wow. We've been here for a few hours and have already managed to do something illegal. I should add this to my list of "accomplishments". Maybe right underneath killing my father. I am about to say this when Goldstein ever so politely butts in. 

"You could not have chosen a worse time to let that creature loose," She exasperatedly says. 

"One, we didn't set it loose, and two, is that a challenge?" I say, earning a slightly short from Newt and a sigh from Goldstein. 

"Believe me, no," she glares at me, "We're in the middle of a situation here! I'm taking the two of you in." 

"You're taking me where?" Newt says, side-smile vanished and alarm edging his voice. 

"MACUSA," I say at the same time that Goldstein says 'Magical Congress of the United States of America in her official, haughty voice. Like she's so special. A brick falls out of place in the wall and clatters to the floor. Newt stares at me, eyes widening as he gives a miniscule shake of the head. Not what we need right now. 

"What was that?" Goldstein asks. 

"No idea. We should get out of here before this place collapses," I say, grabbing Newt and pulling him out towards the street. 

"Oh, no you don't," Tina reaches out for Newt's arm and yanks us both back inside. 

"I never said you could come," I grumble, wishing we could get out of here already. This is not safe. Something about this whole thing is off. If my "seasickness" wasn't warning enough, my TK acting up should be enough to get us on the next boat back home.