Chapter 34: Singularity (Part 1)

There was nothing for way too long.

There is still nothing.

Cool air coming in and out of my lungs, with effort, is the only thing that tells me I am still alive.

But what is the difference between being alive, and living?

I am trapped in my own head, I know this because there is no other place in the word that is so dark, so overwhelmingly empty.

Silence.

However, after what it felt like an eternity, a sound of something calling me.

Someone.

I want to listen, not to hear.

I try to uncover my covered ears with the familiarity. I try to open my opened eyes.

I want to see, not to watch.

A melody that was once mine.

Is.

A face in front of me, body floating in the air, a purple strangled neck.

His soft features hit me. His round nose with a small mole on one of his nostrils. His brown bright eyes and pink full lips.

He falls to the ground once I realized that the force holding him in the air, came from me.

"W-what is happening?" To no one in particular, Shi, the man whose greed killed my sisters, and almost, my friends.

I can't help the anger, the rage traveling through my veins right now.

V is still gasping for air in the ground. Jungkook and Suga are so brutally held by more guards than necessary.

And Mr. Lee...

"What? Him? Oh, yes. He is with us." An evil smirk on his face.

It took a few seconds, and a look at Mr.Lee's frown, to realize what he was talking about.

Don't let him distract you.

I won't let it distract me, even if a person that at one point, I fully trusted, lies on the other side. I turn that disappointment into a rage.

I walk slowly, my bloodthirsty eyes locked on Manager Shi's. The doctors and scientist dressed in white coats take a few steps back, as I take a few steps forward.

"What are you waiting for?! Go!" Everything besides Manager Shi, my friends, and V, was blurry and irrelevant. However, the guards that seem to multiply themselves are hard to ignore, especially when they are running towards you. 

Multiple hands are over me, burying me under the incapability to escape. That was before though, my body seemed to react on its own. I throw guards everywhere, away from me. Some land on the roofs of the little houses of the temple, others break the doors with their heavy bodies.

I don't stop to see where the rest landed.

"Ae Ri, you don't want to do this." There is a lack of true fear on Manager's Shi face, which makes me hesitate. 

But not enough to stop me from encircling my hands around his neck, choking him as I did to...

Tae Hyung.

As if cold ice cubes hit me on the face, I looked back, just to see those reassuring eyes. He is there, but not as I wanted to.

Mr. Lee holds a gun to his forehead. 

"Let Shi go." Is all he said. And I did immediately. With a thud, his body falls to the ground, gasping for air.

"Don't fight." Mr. Lee says. And suddenly multiple guards hold me down. As if it were enough.