Chapter 1

Cywren sighed as Sally once again helped with nothing. She'd gone back up to the alien spacecraft to get more ammo for her gun. Sally had managed to get her and Timebomb locked inside some cellar. She kept on telling Cywren through the intercom that she'd get them out but so far it was no use.

Cywren smiled as she heard Fawkes telling Sally to hurry up. She did love that super mutant. 'Copper' was what she called him; because of his copper skin.

Resigning to at least an hour here, Cywren decided to look around a bit. It wasn't nearly as horrible as the garbage, but you could hardly see the ground beneath your feet.

She motioned for Timebomb to follow her before starting down the corridor. There was an old console down here. Being sciencey, Cywren wanted to have a go at fixing it. She walked towards it slowly. Just then, a gear in her head clicked.

Here we go again... She thought as his voice echoed through her brain:

'Greetings fellow adventurers, this is Venturian and today we may finally be rid of this spaceship for good. Sally has got us stuck again in somewhere there are probably lots more alien things that'll try to bite you. Anyway...' He trailed off as he saw something in the pile next to Cywren. She picked it up and walked over to Timebomb. She grinned. The joke never gets old.

'Timebomb, I'd like to take a pitcher of you!'

Timebomb rolled his eyes, "Is he back?"

She smiled and nodded, "Another 'episode' or whatever he calls them."

As Venturian carried on dictating, something about a livestream? What ever that was, Cywren thought. Thinking was one of her specialities; she loved science, but as much as she racked her brains, she couldn't find a scientific reason to him. She'd told herself many-a-time that there has to be a proper solution, however daft it may sound. Everything comes down to science.

As they walked along, getting further and further away from the console she'd wanted to look at, she glanced at Timebomb, "Who do you think he is?"

"I don't know," Timebomb shrugged, "You'd have to be a madman if you acted the way he sounds as if he does in the Wasteland."

"That's one long sentence."

"Why thank you."

Cywren winked, "Any time Timebomb."

"Shut up."

"Aww. Little Timebomb's upset!"

He sighed as he pulled out his flamer, "We have company." Immediately, Cywren went into battle mode. She remembered the time Venturian had said she couldn't hit a shed with her gun. That was one of the reasons she'd practiced so hard. Good thing too.

"You go in and try to get them on fire. Are aliens flame proof? Never thought about it before... Time to test I guess." Timebomb had never seen an alien. All the while Cywren had been up here, he'd been stuck on the ground with Copper. He nodded and did as she said.

"Sally to Cywren, Sally to Cywren! Is this thing working?" Sally yelled from one of the intercoms on the wall nearby.

"Not now, Sally..." Cywren grumbled. That kid was nothing but trouble!

"Touchy, touchy... Anyway, I need you to go back the way you came. There's a door at the other end. I think I can open it. If you can find the keycode further down this hallway."

Cywren heard the voice in her head again, 'Anything else? Like swimming the Atlantic or climbing Mount Everest? Well... Thanks again for nothing, Sally!'

At least some people were on her side. The American guy upstairs had no consideration. He would adopt Sally given the chance.

She looked at Timebomb and gave him a You see? look. She'd told him many things about Sally. He sighed, "I see what you mean when you say she's annoying."

Cywren nodded, and with that they carried on their quest for the keycode.

______________________________

Hey guys, Naomi here. I hope this chapter was satisfactory?? If you did like it then leave a vote or a comment. They actually make my day.

I dunno about you, but I really hate it when at this point, someone will say something like: 'This is my first fanfic. Please don't hate.'

Epic Naomi Response Time:

This isn't my first fanfic! I've done a completed Divergent one and two that didn't really take off... So yeah. And well... Haters gonna hate. In the end it's just a comment that's gonna promote my story more, so thanks ;)

So this isn't my first fanfic. The first I'll be updating regularly, I hope. I have another account, Morgana334 if you wanna check out those stories ;D.

Enough advertising, I was thinking that I'd update this once every one or two weeks each weekend depending on how many people like this. So tell me if you want to see this more often! Also, ideas for this story and any others are welcome, even if you want a whole new book written!

Thanks for reading! Hope you have an amazing day!!!

Naomi xxx