Chapter 8

Cywren went straight to the computer. She loaded up Fallout and breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Timebomb. She knew that if the cops were clever, they could've closed down the program. So they were either stupid, or didn't have the technology to track the source without it being kept running.

"Timebomb."

"Cywren! I thought you'd left."

"Never." Why'd he think that? He knew she'd never forget the team unless she had to, or it was too dangerous, "This world has a police force, Timebomb. They're tracking us. I need you to load up the computer on your end and tell me if there's anything significant that might help."

Timebomb's character moved across the screen towards the technology that'd brought her here and turned it on. The screen showed up in full on the monitor.

"I know a code that I could use to keep them at bay for a little while... I don't know how long for though...and I'd need to find the type of computer they're using, the speed at which it works compared to the speed of light, how far their radius of the scanner is compared to the length of the equator, which is easy cause metres are calculated from that as well...but-"

"Stop. Just stop." Timebomb interrupted, "You can do that in a week, right?"

"No... I don't know how long... I've never had to before. It was something I read about when I was seven. I don't even know if I can get the code right."

"Don't worry, Cywren. It'll be fine... I trust you."

She could almost feel the familiar smile on his face, but not quite. It was like being starved, then having food just within your reach.

She sighed, "Thanks, Timebomb."

"It's fine. What do you want me to find on this thing?"

Cywren directed him to the files she needed, and took down some codes. There was some that she had to hack into, but that was easy. She knew that she didn't have much time left.

Next, she looked at the wiring. She made Timebomb look directly at it and switched to first person view. That made the computer freeze for a second, so she took a screenshot just in case. She noted down all the cables and even got Timebomb to take apart some of it.

When Cywren checked the time, she noticed that she'd been working for half an hour, "Timebomb, I should probably go. I'll see you next time."

She waited for a second, but there was no reply. The program had frozen, probably a few minutes ago. She hadn't said goodbye...

She sighed and turned around, only to jump out of her skin. The whole Frye family was standing right next to her, "When did you get here?!"

"Uhh...." Cierra checked her watch, "26 minutes ago."

"You were really quiet..."

"No actually, we weren't. Isaac stubbed his toe on the way in." Jordan glared at him, "But you didn't notice us anyway, so it was fine."

"It hurt you know!"

Cywren rolled her eyes, "I need to see if there's any way to change the machine's coding to send me back. There's got to be something that's repeated in each section; time, place, and dimension. Hopefully, once I've reversed the process, it'll find traces of my DNA where I was last shot, like it found it on you. It'll be the freshest sample it can find in my world, so that's where it'll take me."

She started to walk towards the door, but Jordan stopped her, "Wait... Why would you have some of my DNA? Or vice versa, of course."

"Well you created me. There must be some of you in here." She tapped her head, "Anyway, we have some hacking to do."

"What?!"

"We're gonna hack the police."

_____________________________

Hey guys, Naomi here!

Yes!! I got it out on the Saturday! *bows to the raging applause* Thank you, thank you.

I'm just awesome like that :P

Anyway, if any of you read this, please go check out the newest story on my other account, Morgana334! It's called Taken to the Labyrinth. And, personally, I think it's rather good!

Hope you guys are enjoying the new Doctor Who series if you watch it!

Hope your day's as cool as caskets!

Naomi xxx