Chapter 4

Cywren sat on the couch. She'd never seen anything like this place before. The walls in Vault 101 were metal and cold. These walls were just...walls, she guessed.

"That's the problem Cywren! You shouldn't be here! You shouldn't exist!" Isaac half-yelled he was so frustrated. He probably isn't used to things out of the ordinary like I am... None of them are. She thought.

It felt strange to have someone you'd only known in your head, standing right in front of you like it's the most normal thing in the world. Of all the things she'd seen and done, that was the most mind blowing.

Venturian, or Jordan as he'd said his real name was, just sat there, staring at her. He just couldn't quite believe what had happened. Cywren stood up, and everyone stopped arguing.

"Look, I get it. I was in a video game. But I'm not now, am I? Surely I should have some say in this? I mean, I am a person now, not just an image on a computer screen." She saw Venturian put his head in his hands to cover up a smile. It was like he knew I'd say that.

"So what do you suggest?" Bethany asked me.

"Well, I don't know how to get back, so I'm gonna have to stay a while. Do you have any spare rooms?"

They all nodded.

"Good."

Venturian then spoke up, "Cywren needs to know how things work here. She's not a heroine like in the Wasteland, and no radiation."

"No radiation?" Cywren asked, surprised.

"Nope." He said, "And no ruined buildings either, unless you count castles."

"But I got radiated earlier, when I arrived."

"What?"

"You know... my rad levels skyrocketed."

"But there's no radiation here... and if you'd just come from the game..."

Isaac caught on immediately, "Cywren, is Timebomb okay?"

Her face grew to one of realisation, "Where's the computer you said I was from?"

Venturian hurried into his recording room and started up fallout. Cywren stared at it in wonder, "So this is how computers are in this place. They look... different."

"Yeah." He said, still looking at the screen. She should probably call him Jordan instead of Venturian... but it was difficult as she'd known him as Venturian her whole life.

Fallout 3 appeared on the screen. It looked like a surveillance camera at a fixed point above the character onscreen's head.

The picture showed Timebomb, still near the computer in the alien spacecraft, with a really high rad level.

"Timebomb!" Cywren yelled, "Get out of there!"

Venturian, or Jordan, sat down on the seat and started to press buttons on the keyboard and mouse. He navigated Timebomb out of the radiated area before looking at Cywren, "Thats not right."

"What isn't right?"

"I'm meant to control you, not Timebomb."

"So you control me as well as speak to me."

He nodded. Then the speakers started up.

"Cywren? Is that you? Who're you talking to?" Timebomb's voice sounded panicked.

"Yes Timebomb! I'm right here and this is Venturian! I found him!"

"That isn't meant to happen either..."

"What?"

"Timebomb, have you touched anything since Cywren left?" He asked.

"Only a few buttons... I was trying to get her back!"

"He must have opened up that communications device I saw on the console." Cywren muttered. She almost felt sorry for the game. It was trying to make sense of everything so it'd put Timebomb in charge. It was probably going to crash soon. "I'd give it a minute." she said.

"Til when?" Jordan asked.

"Til the game crashes and you'll have to reboot it."

"Okay Timebomb. Hang in there. We'll have to improvise but we'll find something."

"Okay." Timebomb said, just in time for the game to crash.

"Less than a minute then." Cierra commented.

"Well, no one's perfect." Cywren said.

"One thing's for sure: we need to figure this out quickly, or there'll eventually be a time when the game won't reboot and Cywren will be stuck forever."

______________________________

Hey guys Naomi here!

Gosh, I was so scared I wouldn't get this to you this week. My Wattpad glitched out.

But its fine now I think... My other story still is suffering though...

On another note, from my point of view, right now, I have 123 reads!! In only 4 chapters!! :D Thank you soooooooo much!!

Anyway, hope you like this chapter!

Hope your day's cooler than pitchers!

Naomi xxx