Chapter 22

Sarah looked at Scribe Rothchild, "Do you think it worked?"

"Hopefully. I hooked up some of the alien technology from that computer that 'took' her and did a scan for this Venturian guy. It seems he actually does exist."

"Are you saying you thought Cywren was crazy?!" Timebomb scowled at him, "She was never crazy. After all she did for the Brotherhood...!"

"I never said she was crazy, I just thought it was unusual for a being to exist within one's mind. Especially from the past." Rothchild sighed, "We are at this moment standing in what's left of the United States of America."

"How'd you find that information?" Sarah questioned.

Rothchild shrugged, "You forget that my family have been Scribes for generations. I know of information suppressed by the government when it still existed. I, however, have no idea why they chose to erase that from history books. I have still respected that government's wishes."

"Anything on why Quasar and Sally disappeared and why Bryan's ill?" Timebomb asked.

"Nothing I'm afraid... I hope Cywren has some answers..."

***

It was 1am and Cywren was fiddling with her TARDIS's control panel. She hit the blue buttons just in case before turning on the dimensional stabilisers and powering up the spaceship. She then looked at the monitor and pulled down the keyboard. She'd found a book in the TARDIS once that illustrated the language of 'Gallifrey'. She'd no idea where that was but she'd noticed that the machine used it on it's keyboard and around the place so of course she'd devoured it.

When she'd mastered the strange language, she'd been able to read the words above the console. They spelt out names like "Ace", "Clara", "Sarah Jane", "Rory Pond" and "Rose"*. She wondered who they were and what they had to do with this Blue Police Box. Books in the library spoke of a strange 'Doctor', but she hadn't had much time before skeletons in suits chased her out. She had a feeling that the TARDIS didn't really want her to see any more.

She looked at the monitor which asked her to 'please input control sequence' in Gallifreyan. She entered in the time/space/dimension into the system. Immediately the TARDIS monitor came up with a yes/no answer. She selected yes, and the monitor turned green with an edit option next to it.

She called it '#003' and typed a message explaining everything she could with as little characters as possible, thinking about how the other messages had come out.

It's Cywren. I got the message. I have everything covered, but read on if you want a proper explanation.
Venturian and I are linked in some way, but only small enough so that I could hear his voice. Using the alien tech I widened it so I could fit through. Sally is here but I haven't seen Quasar and I don't know who Bryan is. I'm working on reversing the 'crack' to get me back.

She hoped that would be good enough. She glanced outside but the strange man was nowhere to be found.

Wait, wasn't that the mysterious stranger that had helped her on occasions? The one who always disappeared once an enemy had been defeated.

That didn't really solve anything, though. She didn't know who he was.

She pressed enter and started sending the message.

She could only hope it would work.

________________________________

Hey guys, Naomi here!

I'm not late! :D

Can't wait for the next Fallout Tale episode! I think it's gonna be okay! It's a bit sad without the followers, but we still have Cywren! :)

And today there are asterisks!

*(Idk if they officially are, but I heard a rumour :D It'd be awesome if they were what the writing meant**)

**(With all this Dr Who, I just thought. What if the Doctor always speaks in Gallifreyan but we don't know that cuz of the TARDIS's translator? O.O Major realisation moment.)

Does anyone actually read those? O.o

Anyways, remember to pm me for a character!

Recommended read for today is: P.I.E, a Ghost and Toast fanfic by laurenlovescats5

Hope your day's cooler than fire geckos!

Naomi