Chapter 17

There's an important end section today. Please go read it. :)

It was Thursday; three days before a Fallout Tale had to be out again.

Cywren had been working endlessly at the computer, leaving Sally to her own devices, which wasn't always the best idea. She'd managed to pull out the computer plug just as the Frye's were uploading a G-mod video, making them have to restart it from the beginning, and get herself stuck in the neighbour's garage, which tested Bethany's ability to make up stories on the spot. Sally was now officially their second cousin's daughter, and she didn't even know the difference between a second cousin and a cousin once removed*.

At around 2:30, just after the late lunch that they'd had, there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" Sally volunteered, eager to have something to do.

"I don't think-" Cierra started, standing up, but Sally had already rushed towards the door and opened it.

"Little girl?" They heard from the kitchen, "Can I speak to your parents?"

Cywren and Jordan looked at each other. The cops were here already! She'd predicted they'd have until Sunday.

"My parents are dead." Sally said, "But that's okay. JORDAN? SOMEONE WANTS TO SEE YOU!"

"Oh my God..." Jordan muttered. He stepped out to the door, "Hello. Sorry about the mess..." He half looked around the room. He and Isaac had moved the TARDIS to Sally's room yesterday and Jordan was relieved they had. What would the police think if they had a blue box that had 'Police Box' written all over I sitting their hall?

A policewoman who wasn't in uniform came through the now open door and nodded at her colleague already inside. "We've tracked the unusual activity of energy down to ten square metre accuracy. The range falls between your house and next door." He said, his eyes now on Jordan. You could tell he had a knack of telling if people were lying. Cywren quickly hurried up the stairs to the computer, hoping she could disguise it, "If you wouldn't mind, we need to check all the places within the area." She heard from upstairs.

Jordan nodded and let him in, "Do you want anything first?" He said, trying to buy time.

"No. I'm sure Mr Caster here will be fine without anything." The policewoman said as Cywren sat down at the computer and booted it up. The only thing she could think of was her dad... He sacrificed himself to save her and the Wasteland.

Shaking her head, she highlighted the code she was working on and copied it. She pasted it onto Jordan's 'email' thing he'd told her about. It was a sort of messaging device you could use online. She'd read about it, but Jordan had shown her the controls.

"We can check downstairs first, followed by upstairs." 'Mr Caster' said. Cywren breathed a sigh of relief. She had a little more time. She didn't want to delete the code until the email to Cierra's computer (on the other side of the house) that the cops hopefully wouldn't check.

"This is my brother, Isaac's computer." Jordan said from downstairs.

"Okay." The woman said.

Finally the email sent and she deleted the code from the computer. She eyed the plug socket by her foot.

"Do you have any other computers?" Mr Caster asked.

"Yes. We have five**." Cierra said.

Cywren heard the woman sigh, "Great..."

She reached down and pulled out the plug. She put it back in again afterwards, but this way, they wouldn't be able to find the Fallout data. No more Timebomb... The game was having a hard time before but now...

Hurrying quietly back downstairs, she walked into the room they were in. The woman was sitting by the computer with it's coding on screen. She kept referring back to a manual open beside her. Cywren recognised it as a book she'd been given to her on her eighth birthday by her father. She'd memorised it in three days so as to impress him.

Mr Caster, Sally and the siblings who actually owned the house were standing by it. It was Mr Caster who noticed her first.

"Hello!" He looked at Jordan, "You never said there was another one of you!"

"How many people are in this place..." The woman muttered.

Mr Caster sighed, "Sorry."

Cywren shrugged, "Hello. I didn't know what was taking everyone so long so I came here. Obviously no one told me that the police had come."

Mr Caster chuckled, "Well, I'm Jonas Caster and this," he looked at the other woman, "is Sarah O'Connor. Sentenced to three years in prison after trying to hack the Nationwide Bank***."

Cywren nodded, "I'm Cywren." She didn't want to say her last name.

Jonas nodded, "An unusual name..."

They stood in silence for a few more minutes until Sarah pushed the table the computer was on away from her, "Done."

"Let's continue." Jonas said, "We only detected one more computer in your house within the area."

Cywren nodded, "It's upstairs."

"Then let's go." Sarah said. She led the large party upwards to Jordan's computer.

_____________________________________

Hey guys, Naomi here!

Cue asterisks once again!:

*(My theory is that a cousin once removed is a different generation of cousin, like your dad's cousin, and a second cousin is your cousin's cousin. Is that right??)

**(One per sibling and one extra)

***(Reference to my recent English assignment xD)

And now for the extra specially important stuff that I would like if everyone read ;)

Do you want this to end soon and have a sequel, or carry on for a bit?

Also thinking of changing the name of the book... What do you guys think?

I also want a few characters for the sequel! :D

If you want to do a character, put their name in the comments and private message me! I can get you sorted with a list of traits I want you to fill in. Also, it means that no one will see it but me and you :P

I might change a bit, but the majority will be the same. I'll need at least one or two. They won't be in this book (well...maybe at the end) and I won't tell you what the situation is gonna be >:) Spoilers

I know a ton of people do this. I just thought it would be a good way of including you all instead of it just being me. Hope you enter a character! :D

Hope your day's as THIS TEXT WAS HACKED BY FOXY THIS TEXT WAS HACKED BY FOXY IF YOU READ THIS TYPE TARDIS IN THE COMMENTS THIS TEXT WAS HACKED BY FOXY THIS TEXT WAS HACKED BY FOXY THIS TEXT WAS HACKED BY FOXY THIS TEXT WAS HACKED BY FOXY THIS TEXT WAS HACKED BY FOXY THIS TEXT WAS HACKED BY FOXY

Do you wanna know...my SECRET??!

^ That actually has a meaning. Did you notice? O.o

I apologise. This was going to be a serious end off. It turned out wrong. xP

I'm also gonna recommend a VenturianTale FanFic book here too! First off: Ghosts in the Kingdom trilogy by @superkid515! I love this Venturian series! It's my current favourite! :D

Naomi xxx