Grand Magic Games: Day 1 (Part 2)

*YOUR POV*

A huge stone slab popped up from the ground with the schedule of the next week printed on it. I listened carefully to the announcer, keeping my eyes on Mystogan as a precaution. "Each one of the rounds will begin with a contest. Participants will then be ranked from first to eighth place. The teams will be awarded points depending on how they rank in the contest. Additionally, the teams are allowed to select which of their members they want to compete. After that, we have battles. These bouts should come as quite a treat to all you loyal fans, since it was your suggestions that created these matchups." Next to me, Erza spoke.
"Interesting." Gray responded.
"Sounds like they get to choose who fights who." Lucy piped up, sounding more solemn than usual.
"So then, if you don't watch how much magic you use in a contest, you could find yourself thrown into a battle with no time to rest." The announcer began again.
"The battle rules are simple: each team will square off. The winning team will be awarded ten points, while the losing team gets jack squat. In case of a draw, both teams get five points. Ready for action? Let's get things started with the first contest of the Grand Magic Games, one that we call 'Hidden!'" I looked up at the stone slab that now had the word "Hidden" scrawled across it. I glanced around to see if anyone knew what Hidden was, but everyone seemed just as confused as I was. My only guess was some form of Hide and Seek, but this was a magic competition, so it could be anything. As I pondered it, Gray stepped forward. I stopped him.
     "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. Where are you going?"
     "I'm participating in the contest. It's the first day, so they won't make the contest hard, meaning you and Erza shouldn't go; you should save your strength. Besides, Erza is pregnant and I have no idea how she's even allowed to compete while seven months pregnant. Natsu also needs to save his strength until he's riled up and ready to burst. So I'll go." I nodded and looked at who else was competing. Gray was competing from our team, Juvia from Fairy Tail B Team, and Lyon from Lamia Scale. Those were the only people I recognized. From Raven Tail, there was a short, purple man with a malicious smile on his face was announced as Nalpudding. From Mermaid Heel, a girl with braided ginger hair and freckles across her nose was annouced as Beth Vanderwood. From Quattro Cerberus, a ripped guy with long white hair and no shirt was announced as Jäger. From Blue Pegasus, a short, flirty boy with blond hair was announced as Eve Tearm. Finally, from Sabertooth, a masked man in red with long, blond hair was announced as Rufus Lore. I looked at the competitors. Nobody particularly threatening, except maybe Nalpudding. Still, I couldn't shake the feeling that something big was bound to happen.