Grand Magic Games: Day 5 (Part 4)

*YOUR POV*

Now only Erza and Kagura were left to fight. Kagura turned towards Erza with a dark expression, clearly shaken from Minerva holding Millianna. I glanced at the Lacrima Vision for a moment and saw that the focus had shifted from Erza and Kagura to Gajeel, who had now encountered Rogue from Sabertooth. The image shifted again, revealing Laxus about to fight Orga, also from Sabertooth. I wondered where Sting was in all of this, since all of us were fighting, and I hadn't seen him yet. However, my attention quickly shifted back to Kagura and Erza as they began fighting. Kagura hit Erza's sword with her own, sending Erza back. The redhead just sprung backwards and requipped into her Heaven's Wheel armor upon landing. She wasted no time barreling towards Kagura and casting a spell. However, Kagura leapt into the air, dodging Erza's attack, and readying her own. She slammed into Erza, who responded by requipping into her Adamantine Armor and putting up her shield. But even the thick shield couldn't stop Kagura, as her strike shattered the shield like it was glass. I wanted so badly to go help my wife and took a step towards her, but I heard the first master again. "No, Y/N. You need to stay there. This battle is already unaccounted for without you getting in the middle of it."

"But my wife..."

"Ok, fine. If, and only if, it seems like Erza is going to lose, then you can go help. But until then, STAY." I nodded, just happy to be able to help eventually. I turned my focus back to the fight. Both Erza and Kagura were falling, but Erza had the foresight to requip in midair, changing into her flight armor and zipping towards Kagura. She swung, but ended up getting hit, even though I hadn't seen Kagura move. They crashed through the roof of another building and I moved somewhere I could still see them. Erza was lying on the ground in the clothes she'd been wearing earlier, Kagura still standing. I froze in shock. My wife, Titania, Erza Scarlet, was being beaten in a sword fight? She sat up on her knees, saying something I couldn't make out to Kagura, but whatever she said made the Mermaid Heel mage upset. Her eyes widened and she got closer to Erza. With no hesitation, Kagura kicked the redhead, sending her flying backwards until she slammed into a pole. I clenched my fists, scared for my wife and our baby. Kagura walked up to Erza once more and my wife spoke, intriguing Kagura. They spoke for a while before Kagura gripped the hilt of her sword, tears rolling down her face. Without a second thought, she unsheathed the sword and swung, hitting Erza across the face with it and sending a blast of magical energy that flung me halfway across the town. I hit the ground and took refuge somewhere nobody would find me as I watched the Lacrima-vision. Dust filled the screen and I felt my heart breaking. There was no way Erza could've lived through that... But as the dust cleared, I saw my wife, who had blocked Kagura's hit. I relaxed in relief, unsure what I would've done without the fairy queen at my side. Erza requipped into her Japanese Cloth armor and the two mages met in the air, fighting once more. Only this time, it was clear that Erza had the upper hand. Kagura seemed fueled by rage and hate, causing her to slip up and become sloppy. On the other hand, Erza seemed completely calm and focused on the fight. I watched as with just one swing, Erza knocked Kagura flat on her back. I smiled, but that quickly faded as Kagura pushed herself up into a sitting position. She began to speak, but just then, a piece of rubble fell, heading straight for her. Erza dove forward and the screen was covered in dust again. When it cleared, Erza was on her hands, one foot crushed under the stone, as Kagura sat a few feet away, confused. She looked at Erza, who began speaking as the Mermaid Heel mage stood. I could just barely make out what they were saying, and it shocked me. Kagura was Simon's little sister, and Simon saved Erza's life, dying for her, which must have fueled Kagura's rage. However, Erza had told me about Rosemary Village and how she was captured by the guards and taken to the Tower of Heaven. But she never mentioned saving a little girl, which was what she was telling Kagura, and I realized what she was saying. The girl Erza saved all those years ago, sacrificing her own freedom, was Kagura. By the time Erza had finished speaking, Kagura had tears streaming down her face. She lifted the stone from Erza's leg, freeing her, and then made sure her stomach and child were ok. Kagura remained standing, and spoke.

"I don't have closure yet. But as for this fight, I..." She was abruptly cut off by the sword that was drive through her stomach from behind. I gasped, the Lacrima-vision not showing who had stabbed her. But as Kagura hit the ground, I saw. Minerva was standing right behind her.

"The winner is Erza Scarlet. However, I get the points." Kagura had been Mermaid Heel's leader, so Sabertooth moved into first place. "I told you, remember? I'm going to give you a battle worthy of a king. But the king only eats exquisite dishes. Such as a mermaid's head, a fairy's flapping wings, and so on. You're next, Erza. Although, with those injuries, it's clear who's going to win." Kagura was shaking, choking out a few words to Erza.

"Millia... Please help Millianna..." Minerva smirked, creating a bubble and tossing Millianna on the floor. She didn't even move as Sabertooth got another point and Mermaid Heel was completely eliminated. Erza picked up Millianna, clearly hurt over seeing her like this, and held her, but her hand came away covered in blood. She set the kitten down and lifted her cloak, revealing thousands of cuts on her back. Minerva grinned.

"I was bored waiting for you, so I amused myself by hurting her." I tensed and the Lacrima-vision flashed to the other Mermaid Heel members running in the town to help Kagura and Millianna. I was closer, so I ran, ignoring the first master, planning to pick up and carry the two mages at least part of the way to help. I glanced back at the Lacrima-vision, where Minerva was speaking again. "She had such a nice scream." Erza stood and turned, a look of pure rage on her face, and I knew that no matter the odds, she was going to win. After all, this wasn't just a fight anymore. This was personal.