Epilogue

*YOUR POV*

I held my wife's hand as we walked barefoot along the shoreline. Ahead of us, our daughter was collecting seashells. She ran ahead once more to both keep in sight of us and find new shells. I squeezed Erza's hand, smiling. It had been five years since I beat Minerva in that fight. Since then, we hadn't faced anything more like that. There were still evil people and creatures out there, but nothing trying to make things personal. After all this time, Natsu and Lucy had finally started dating, Juvia and Gray were engaged, and Gajeel had wasted no time in marrying Levy. I was happy for them; happy that my family had found people who made them smile. But I was even happier to be with the love of my own life, Erza Scarlet. She'd been by my side through everything, good and bad, and I hated to think of a life without her. Luckily, I didn't have to, because that ring on her finger meant she was mine, forever. And we planned to start that way, living together, but not happily ever after; that only happens in fiction. Every relationship has its ups and downs, and we knew we wouldn't always be happy. But we'd rather do this together then apart.

Lillith came running over and handed me her bucket, then took my hand and Erza's, walking in between us. I smiled. It may not always be happily, but I could tell there wouldn't be any regret. And I'd be perfectly content living this way, living Ever After.