Grand Magic Games: Day 5 (Part One)

*YOUR POV*

I sprinted up to our designated area, making it just as the announcer began to speak. "July 6th, the final day of the Grand Magic Games!" he said, as fireworks to celebrate were released into the sky above the arena. Cheers erupted from the crowd; they knew the last day would be unforgettable, as always. "It's here! It's finally here! The final day of the wizards' passionate festival, the Grand Magic Games! Like it or not, only one guild will be victorious today!" As they continued talking, Erza turned to me, wrapping her arms around my waist and burying her face in my shoulder.

"Babe, where were you? I was worried..." I kissed the top of my wife's head.

"I'm sorry, Erz. I was checking in with Ashley and seeing if anything had gotten worse." The redhead pulled back to look at me.

"And has it?" I shook my head.

"No. Nothing major, at least." I glanced down at the arena, where the teams were taking the field. A bolt of fire and surrounding explosions revealed the first guild.

"Currently in 6th place! Can they turn it around?! Formerly a hunting dog, now a puppy! Quatro Puppy!"

Glitter and rose petals rained from the sky as the next guild made an entrance. "Alright! Next up on the field is Blue Pegasus, led by the current master of parfum, Ichiya Wanderlei Kotobuki! They're currently in 5th place, but in the end, will they be able to grasp the parfum of victory?"

A green light lit up the arena, a massive guild mark taking over the sky. "Here they are! Lamia Scale is on the field! Right now, they're in 3rd place, but will Ice Wizard Lyon Vastia, who rivals Fairy Tail's Y/N, lead his team to victory?"

"And sharing 3rd place with Lamia Scale is..." A massive column of water erupted into the sky, leaving a guild mark in its wake. "Mermaid Heel! They're large flowers that have bloomed during the tournament, but they're far more than glamorous!"

Huge screens appeared, a blue background with a black guild mark on each. "And in second place... Will they remain dethroned? Will the two Dragon Slayers, the Twin Dragons, Sting Eucliffe and Rogue Cheney, challenge Natsu and Gajeel again?!" I looked closer, since something seemed off... They seemed more serious. I glanced at the rooting section for them and saw that one of their cats was gone, and the other one looked miserable. I felt my heart sink as I remembered what happened to Yukino and couldn't help but quiver what their guild master did to the other cat.

"And currently in first place!" I quickly vaulted over the railing and turned back. Erza jumped, landing safely in my arms. I set her down as the others vaulted over too and we walked into the field. "Will this be the day the so-called strongest guild seven years ago comes back in full force?! Fairy Tail is taking the field!" A flag with our guild mark on it appeared in the center of the arena, proudly waving. I glanced back to see everyone's reaction to the cheers from the crowd, but Natsu wasn't there. Juvia was standing in his place. I attempted to remain calm and act like I knew this was happening, but they must've changed the lineup before I arrived. But why? Natsu is infinitely stronger than Juvia. I cast a questioning glance at Erza, who seemed just as confused as I was. I needed answers, but the announcer spoke before I could ask the others. "The final day! A survival game in which everyone participates! Let the Grand Magic Game begin!" The pumpkin-headed mascot spoke before we could start.

"And for this final battle, the battlefield is the entire city of Crocus!" We all glanced nervously at each other before darting off in opposite directions. I followed Erza closely, knowing she could handle herself, but still protective. Eventually, our guild members found us and we all stuck close, moving to a hidden spot. Erza turned and addressed us.

"Listen. We have no choice but to win. We need to focus our stronger attacks on the more powerful guilds, eliminating them first. From there, it should be a cakewalk." Fireworks boomed across the city, announcing the official start of the game. "Let's go!" Erza shouted before turning and freezing. We skidded to a halt, wondering why she wasn't moving. As we watched, she slowly closed her eyes.

"Erza?" I asked. She smiled, keeping her eyes shut.

"Trust me." Without hesitating for even a second, I walked over and stood by her side, closing my eyes as well. I felt Gray pass me and stand on her other side as Gajeel came up next to me and Lexus by Gray. We stood, completely still and silent, eyes shut. All around us, I could hear the sounds of battle, and although I wished to join, I trusted Erza, and she clearly had a plan. I could hear the announcer narrating everything, and soon, Quatro Puppy was out of the running, sealing their place in 6th. Suddenly, Erza nudged my hand. I opened my eyes and glanced over. Her eyes were now open as well, along with the others. I cast a puzzled glance her way. "Guys," she began. "The first master gave me clear instructions and a battle plan. We need to win, so she told me what we needed to do." A voice carried over the crowd, shouting words only we could hear. The first master.

"Begin operation Fairy Star!" With those words, an arsenal of plans was instantly transferred into my head, and from the looks of the others, they saw it too. I smiled.

"Let's do this."