Grand Magic Games: Day 3 (Part 4)

*YOUR POV*

As soon as the last fight ended, I ran to the infirmary to see Erza, since she was still resting from the challenge. I entered the room and rushed over to her bed, pushing through our guild mates that had also come to visit. Once Erza's eyes landed on me, her face lit up and she reached out, taking my hands in her own. I smiled and kissed her forehead. "How are you holding up, Erz?" She sighed.

"Happy our daughter is ok. And happy you didn't lose that match." I blinked in confusion. "The one where you bet me."

"Oh! Right. Well, I only bet you because I knew I wouldn't lose, otherwise I wouldn't have done it." Erza raised an eyebrow.

"Uh-huh." I kissed her cheek.

"Anyway, I asked our guild mates and the votes were almost unanimous for a name." Erza perked up.

"Really? Which name?"

"Our favorite. Lilith." Erza smiled and rested her hands on her stomach.

"Lilith... I love it. And I can't wait for her to be born into this world." I laced my fingers in my wife's and kissed her knuckles.

"Me either. I love you."

"I love you too." Suddenly, Erza's eyes widened, almost in realization.

"What's up, Erz? Is something wrong? Are you ok?" She nodded.

"I'm fine, but I just remembered that I didn't get to see any of the matches today! Who fought who?" I shook my head, unable to keep from smiling at the fact that Erza had thought of the fights first.

"Well, the first matchup was Millianna from Mermaid Heel against SSemas from Quatro Cerberus, now Quatro Puppy, and Millianna beat him pretty quickly." Erza chuckled.

"I still can't believe you chose to have them call their guild 'Quatro Puppy' for the rest of the Games!"

"Well, I wanted to humiliate them. They dragged my wife into this, so I needed humiliation. Even if it was for a short time."

"Still. It's amusing. Anyway, who fought next?" I kissed my wife as I continued the matchups.

"Next was Rufus from Sabertooth, the winner of the first day's challenge, versus Eve from Blue Pegasus. Unsurprisingly, Rufus won, but it was a longer fight than the first one. The third match was Laxus from Fairy Tail B and Alexei from Raven Tail." Erza clenched her fists.

"Please tell me Laxus made him pay for what they did to Wendy and Carla." I smiled.

"He made the whole guild pay. For most of the match, it seemed like Laxus was losing, but then, the magic dissipated and we saw that their whole fight had been an illusion. When the magic vanished, all five Raven Tail members were lying around Laxus, unconscious. He'd single-handedly beat all of Raven Tail's elite members." Erza smiled proudly.

"He's incredibly strong, apparently strong enough to beat all of Raven Tail's strongest." I nodded.

"It was really shocking to see the end result. I wish we could've seen the real fight, but he won in the end. The final fight was between Wendy from our team and Cheria from Lamia Scale." A worried look crossed the redhead's face.

"Wendy fought? Was she ok? Did she win? Is she currently ok?" I put my hands on my wife's shoulders in an attempt to calm her down.

"Ok, first, breathe. Relax. Wendy is fine. She was ok during the fight and she's ok now. She's safe." Erza visibly relaxed back into the infirmary bed.

"Did she win?" I hesitated for a moment before speaking.

"Yes and no. It was a tie. But Cheria and Wendy agreed to be friends, so some good came out of their fight. In the end, their powers were pretty much evenly matched. Cheria is stronger, but Wendy is more strategic, which puts them at even odds." Erza nodded.

"And the current rankings?"

"Sabertooth is in first, with 34 points, then Mermaid Heel with 32 points, Lamia Scale with 31, Fairy Tail B with 30, us with 27, Blue Pegasus with 18, Quatro Puppy with 14, and Raven Tail was eliminated."

"So, we're in fifth place, then. And we only need four more points to move to fourth. Also, they were eliminated? Why? Don't get me wrong, I'm relieved and they definitely deserved it, but how were they eliminated?"

"Well, long story short, Alexei was actually Ivan with a mask." Erza gasped.

"You mean Laxus fought the guild master, his own father?!" I nodded. "That's awful! Is he ok?" I shrugged.

"I assume so. I checked on him after his match and talked to Mira, just in case she knew more. He seems ok. I think he may have even enjoyed it a little."

"What makes you say that?" I took a deep breath.

"Laxus told me that Ale-Ivan was looking for something. He wanted Laxus to tell him the location of Lumen Histoire, which he hasn't even heard of before. And Ivan kept telling Laxus that he had no sense of loyalty, since he wouldn't give this information to his family, to his own flesh and blood. Laxus said that when he looked back at where our guild sits, he saw Master Makarov's hand in the air, with his finger to the sky. In that moment, he knew who his true family was, and was able to defeat all of Raven Tail with little to no effort." Erza smiled softly.

"Wow. I wish I'd seen it. But unfortunately, I'm stuck here until tomorrow morning. I will get to see the challenge and all the matches, but I have to stay in the infirmary overnight, just as a precaution." I kissed Erza gently.

"Then I'm staying with you." I laid my head on her stomach, careful not to press down. Her fingers threaded into my hair as her other hand stroked my cheek, and I fell asleep once more on my wife.