Grand Magic Games: Day 2 (Part 5)

*YOUR POV*

"Alright, the second day of the Grand Magic Games reaches its final match at last! Kagura Mikazuchi from Mermaid Heel versus Sabertooth's Yukino Agria! We've got another battle of the beauties!" I watched the two girls walk out and take their places on the field. The announcer continued speaking. "All of you know how strong Kagura is! She's Mermaid Heel's strongest wizard as well as the Weekly Sorcerer's top pick for female wizard! Against her is Yukino, who's making her debut today. Still, she's a member of the strongest guild, Sabertooth, so we can expect her to be pretty strong!" The match officially began, but rather than attack, Yukino spoke.

"I look forward to doing battle with you." Kagura bowed her head slightly.

"As do I."

"Before we begin, shall me make a bet too?" Yukino asked.

Kagura gave an unexpected reply, simply stating, "Sorry, but I'm not interested."

"Is it because you're afraid of losing?" the Sabertooth mage challenged.

"I don't possess that kind of emotion," Kagura began. "However, I believe that when one makes a wager, it must be followed through. So I'd like to abstain from any thoughtless diversions."

"In that case, let's make a serious bet. Let's bet our lives," Yukino said, her eyes glassy and unfocused, making her appear lifeless, like a doll. Kagura slowly met her opponent's gaze.

"If you are sincerely prepared to do this, then accepting it is the proper thing to do. Fine. Come and get me." Yukino wasted no time, summoning a Celestial Spirit with a golden Zodiac key.

"Gate of the Fish, I open thee. Pisces." Two giant eels, a black one and a white one, emerged from the key, twisting around each other. They hit the ground right where Kagura had been standing; she'd jumped out of the way just in time. As I watched, she kept dodging the Celestial Spirt, much too quick for it to hit her. Yukino pulled out another golden key. "Gate of the Scales, I open thee. Libra." A girl in a bellydancer outfit and scales tied to her fingers appeared on the field. Yukino spoke to her. "Libra, alter the target's gravity." Suddenly, Kagura was forced to the ground, immobile under her own modified weight. Pisces flew up above the Mermaid Heel mage and rocketed down towards her. At the last possible second, Kagura flipped her own gravity upside down, causing her to shoot up away from Pisces. "Libra, make the target's gravity go sideways." No sooner was that order given then Kagura was smashed into the face of the statue overlooking the arena. "Pisces!" The two fish flew up to the statue and came shooting straight for the pinned Kagura. However, before they could even get close, they stopped and began bending downwards, slowly moving towards the ground. A circle formed around Libra's feet and she crouched, but it seemed almost as if she was being pushed somehow. Kagura jumped down from the statue, now free from Libra's gravity well. Yukino sent her two spirits away and Kagura landed right in front of her. Yukino sighed. "You're going to make me open... the 13th Gate?" Beside me, Lucy leaned forward.

"The 13th Gate?! Is that what she just said?!"

"What's wrong, Lucy?" I asked.

"There are 12 Zodiac Gates and hence, 12 keys," she began, "but I've heard rumors of a 13th key... and an unknown Celestial Spirit that's superior to the other 12!" I turned back to the battlefield, and noticed Yukino speaking to Kagura, a gold key in her hand.

"Opening the 13th Gate... That means you're out of luck." The arena darkened as Kagura ran at Yukino. "Gate of the Serpent Bearer, I open thee! Ophiucus!" A huge magic circle appeared above Yukino as a cloud of smoke engulfed her. Two glowing, purple eyes opened, peering out from the darkness. A huge black snake, 10 times the size of Pisces, curled around Yukino and stared down at Kagura menacingly. It swept around her, trying to trap the Mermaid Heel mage,  but Kagura easily slid under it, casting a spell.

"Blade of Resentment, Archenemy. Style of the Unsheathed Sword." Kagura weaved through and around the Celestial Spirit, sword in hand, yet it wasn't even out of the scabbard. When she landed, Ophiucus split into several pieces and vanished. Everyone watching, including Yukino, seemed stunned into silence. Without missing a beat, Kagura came close to Yukino. "You made a cheap bet," she said, then hit Yukino once with the sword, causing her to collapse. "Sometimes, mermaids eat tigers." The annoumcer spoke.

"T-T-The match is over! The winner is Kagura Mikazuchi of Mermaid Heel!" The crowd cheered as Kagura began to walk off the field. "It's unbelievable, but Sabertooth got zero points on the second day!" Lying on the battlefield, Yukino spoke softly.

"I- I lost... Sabertooth lost..." Kagura got to the tunnel and stopped, speaking to Yukino without turning back.

"Your life... Your life belongs to me."

"Yes... As you say..."

"And thus ends the second day of the Grand Magic Games!" the announcer said as Yukino's guild helped her up and off the field. "Raven Tail gained ten points today, giving them first place with 36 points! Sabertooth gained zero points today, but their 20 points from yesterday keeps them at second place! Likewise, Lamia Scale is tied at second with 20 points! And Mermaid Heel is moving up. They gained ten points, putting them in third place with 19 points! In fourth place, one rank down, is Blue Pegasus with 17 points! And in fifth place, one rank down for them, is Quatro Puppy!" I smiled at the name and wrapped my arm around Erza's waist, happy I won that fight. "And gaining ten points each, but still tied in last place, are Fairy Tail A team and Fairy Tail B team, both with 12 points! What kind of battles are in store for us tomorrow, the third day of the tournament?" I took Erza's hand and we left the arena, heading to a bar. Suddenly, she stopped.

"Erz? What's wrong?" She smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Nothing, honey. I think I'm just going to go home and rest. The little one is a bit sleepy, and she's making me feel it. Go celebrate; you did contribute to the 12 points today." She walked off. I sighed and continued to the bar, where the rest of the guild was celebrating. I joined in, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right with Erza.