Magic

2 years later

Dawn was standing in the middle of her room looking at her grandmothers grimorios scattered all over her bed she had nearly memorised half of her grandmothers grimorios.  As she murmured a spell under her breath the lights in her room started to flicker on and off and a sign appeared on the floor around her. As she murmured the spell the sign started to grow bigger and bigger. And soon it was expending all over her walls. When Dawn saw this she immediately slammed the book shut and stopped speaking. There were a few things that Dawn hid from both Hayley and the Mikaelson family. She was a witch. 

She walked into her bathroom and studied herself in the mirror. She had light brown skin, black curly hair and faded blue eyes that almost looked gray. After a while of staring in the mirror, Dawn walked back into her room and started another spell. All of a sudden the house started shaking and the lights flickered on and off. When Dawn noticed this she stopped speaking and everything went back to normal. There was a knock and Hayley opened her door with two years old Hope on her hip. "Is everything okay in hear. There was just an earthquake." Dawn nodded her head trying to seem as innocent as possible." Do you want to come down we're about to have some dinner." Dawn smiled and put the grimorio on her bed as she went down stairs closely followed by Hayley and Hope.

During dinner everyone was focused on Hope and how cute she looked with food on her face. Hayley turned to Dawn and asked," So Dawn what did you do today?"

"Nothing much. Watched some T.V., read a few books and sketched a bit on the new sketch book you got for me. " 

"Really. Would you show me some before bedtime."

"Sure Mom." 

Klaus was a bit to busy talking to Hope and making faces at her. When Elijah finely got his attention Dawn took this chance and used a levitation spell she learned and no one noticed Hopes food floating in the air except Hope who stared in awe. It was right above Klaus' head when Hope giggled everyone turned to see what was funny when Hopes food fell all over Klaus' head. The whole family burst into laughter as Dawn smiled into her drink. Klaus looked absolutely ridiculous. Dawn excused herself from the table and  went to her room to practice her magic.