Alternate Ending

So @AgentTheaK mentioned an alternate ending and I mauled it over and did it so this is dedicated to her.

Dawn POV
It had been nine years since my supposed death. Tom and I got married and two years and nine months later we had our first kids. Yes kids as in more then one. Our oldest Justin Thomas and our second oldest Payton Dusk. Justin never lets Payton forget that he was borne three minutes before Payton. Both are four years old and are very very proud that they have reached that age. Then two years after the twins were born Tom and I were blessed with another little girl. Mary Jo (Josephine) who is two years old. She is a little sweetheart and much like her big sister a daddy's girl while Justin is a mama's boy. We are expecting another baby in 8 months and Justin is hoping and praying it's a boy because he says "the girls don't know how to play soccer with him."

I smiled as I lookat at the family photos on the wall. It was a slow Saturday morning and I was surprised that the kids weren't awake yet. Usually they would be up and out of bed and ready to play. But today they slept in, even Mary Jo who would be crying for her daddy in the morning. It left an odd feeling in my stomach. Something was going to go wrong today. I shook off the odd feeling and made my way to the kitchen.
"Hey honey do we have any oranges or did we run out?"
"Oh sorry love, I think Justin ate them all yesterday."
"That boy. Just like his mama. Can you tie down the fort here while I run to the market for some more supplies?"
"Are you sure love?" Tom asked me while he turned around from flipping pancakes,"I could always go while you relax in the peaceful morning."
"No its okay. I know you have been working really hard this week. You should relax." I smiled pecking Tom's lips before grabbing my keys and rushing out the door.
The deive to the market didn't take long. I went in and grabbed all the supplies I needed. I dropped them off at the car before running across the street to Tom's favourite pastry shop. I opened the door and walked right into someone coming out.
"Oh man! I am so sorry."
I looked up and felt my stomach burn with anger. Klaus. He just stood there in shock giving me the opportunity to turn on my heels and make my way back to my car. I was about to open the door of my car when Klaus appeared infront of me.
"Dawn how are you still alive? How long have you been alive?"
He picked up my hand in a comforting manner before I snatched it and slapped him right across the face.
"You have no right to ask Klaus. Not after the way you neglected me when I was a chiled. And for your information I've been alive nine years now. Almost a decade right under your radar." I snarled. A flash of guilt crossed his features.
"Did anyone know you were alive Dawn?"
"Yes Hayley, Hope and my husband Tom."
"Your married?"
"I am and we have kids. I am so happy that I married a man like Tom because he is a better father to our kids. A better father then you will ever be. Oh and if you think about hurting Hayley or Hope I will make sure you die in the worst way possible and don't think for a second that I'm bluffing. Stay away from me amd my family Klaus."
With that Said I jumped into my car and sped home.
The kids were awake when I got home and were eating breakfast with Tom. As soon as I stepped in Justin and Payton rushed up amd gave me a hug before trying to assist me with the food supplies. Tom and I ended up putting everything away. I smiled as I took Mary Jo from Tom's arms.
"Something wrong love?"
"Ran into my dad today for the first time in almost a decade."
"How did that go?"
"He seemed genuinely suprised and guilty.  His whole body language screamed forgive me but I don't think I ever will. Not after what he put me threw when I was a child."
"That's okay love. I know it still hurts and you don't have to forgive him now but you have to let go at some point."
"Yeah maybe."
Tom tilted my chin up and kissed my lips.
"Ewwww mama daddy."
We broke apart to look at the twims disgusted faces. Then we heard Mary Jo mimick her brother and sister.
"Ewwww."  She squealed  and then giggled as we laughed at her. I looked at my small family. I wouldn't let my father and my past ruin what I have if it's the last thing I do.