Surprise

Hayley's POV
I drove over to Tom's place when all of a sudden my phone started ringing.
I pulled over to the side of the road and picked up my phone,which was lying in the back seats where I tossed it after answering Tom's call. "Hello?"
"Hayley where are you?" Elijah's voice showed obvious worry. "I'm fine don't worry. I just needed to get out of the house and get some fresh air. I feel like I'm suffocating in the house." I replied. Even though I wanted to tell Elijah where I was my gut told me to be quiet so I didn't mention anything."Just..... where are you I'll come and get you."
No Elijah I'm perfectly fine and don't need you to help. I just need time."
"Fine just stay safe. I don't want Hope to lose you too."
"Yeah I'll be okay. See ya" I said and ended the call before he could say anything else. Sighing I pulled back onto the road while letting the thought of why Tom would call me float around my head.
I arrived at Tom's apartment 15 minutes later and knocked on the door three times. Tom quickly answered the door"Hayley thank goodness its you love. We..." he didn't finish his thoughts when the bathroom door opened and out stepped Dawn drying her hair. "Tom do you...." at that moment she looked up and both of our eyes widened. She was wearing one of Tom's shirts that came sown and stopped right above the knee. "Dawn" I gasped running forward and hugging her. I was glad that she returned the gesture and exhaled a quiet "Mom"
"I thought I lost you" I sobbed out. Dawn looked at me through teary eyes "Can't get rid of me that easily she replied. I pulled her into another hug. "Just glad your safe and sound sweety."