Home

Home. The word felt strange when it escaped Dawn's lips. Boarding school was her home for three years and in her perspective would be for more then three years. New Orleans was never home to Dawn and neither was Mystic Falls the place buried deep inside her head. Dawn watched as the scenery passed by. She was never really in the city around nightfall. Everything seemed alive and there was way more nose. Dawn turned around and looked at the head of the driver," So, My father sent you to pick me up?" 

"Yes" the driver replied short and curt. Dawn snorted. The driver was probably some human which her father compelled to pick her up. He was probably to busy with Hope to do it himself. She turned back to looking at the scenery again and wondered what  Eliza and Nadia Rose were doing. In fact she even allowed herself to think of Thomas and how cute he is. As she thought  about her friends the car stopped. 

Dawn hopped out and waited for the driver to get her bags from the trunk of the car.  But all he did was open the trunk and said she could get her bag. How rude Dawn thought to herself.  After she pulled her bag out from the trunk Rebekah came out and told the driver something then her drove off without a second glance. She probably compelled him to forget every thing that happened Dawn decided. "Hello Dawn! You look so grown up" Rebekah smiled. Dawn arched an eyebrow, ignored her, and walked into the house with her head held high. She marched straight up the stairs and to her room. Dawn expected it to be dusty but  it was clean and spotless. Dawn dropped her bag on the ground with and exhausted thud. 

"Hey Sweetie" someone said behind her. Dawn turned around and ran and gave Hayley a big hug. "Mom I missed you so much." 

"Hon I missed you too. Welcome back home."

"Is that what you call this place" Dawn asked innocently. Hayley laughed. "Have you eaten dinners ready."

"I'll be right there. Just need to take care of a few things." Dawn  told Hayley, who nodded and went out closing Dawn's bedroom door behind her. First things first. Dawn looked around her room and set out for the nearest photo frame. One of the family where she was edged off to the side. She grabbed it, found an empty box under her bed, and put the photo frame in it. She did this with the ugly posters she put up when she was nine and any other things on her wall and shelves she didn't want. By the time Dawn was done her room looked bare. She had her bed in the middle of the room against the wall a, nightstands on both sides of her bed and on the shelf next to her door she put a photo of her and her friends from boarding school. She had bookshelves that she needed to organise and she had to get rid of her hideous pink curtains  in her room and her bathroom. But Dawn decided to sort all that out tomorrow. She needed some food right now. So she made her way downstairs to the dining room.

As Dawn intruded in the new territory everyone looked stopped eating and talking and looked at her.

"Dawn come sit next to me"Hayley was the first person to speak up from the awkward silence. Dawn gave a half hearted  smile and sat next to Hayley. Then the most horrid thing happened. Klaus decided to speak up" Well Dawn how's boarding school been" 

"Fine." Dawn decided to answer shortly.

"Have you made any friends at boarding school"

"Yes"

"Do you mind telling us who they are"

Klaus' POV

I asked her how things were at boarding school and only got short answers.

"Do you mind telling us who they are" I asked her. Dawn looked up at me with no expression on her face"Does it really matter that much that you have to ask who their names are. What are you going to ask me next what type of parents they have? Are they witches or just normal people like yourself?" She replied. 

Elijah's POV

I thought Nik was going to snap but when I saw the expression on his face it seemed like he wanted to hide behind his chair. 

"Cut the crap dad and tell me why you had to pull me out of school." Dawn countered her reply. I decided to intervene at this point" Dawn we pulled you out of school because your father is going to well be taken away and we wanted to see how you thought out the situation." I told her.  "Well good for him." Dawn replied as she some how finished her dinner during this short conversation."Now I think I might retire for the night." Dawn stood up and moved out of her seat and she started to walk away when Kol said" Welcome Home"

She turned and said"Home is that what people call this place?" Then she turned and marched off to her bedroom to as she said 'retire for the night'.