Hybrid

Tom's POV
I watched as mother and daughter talked about everything. Then Hayley asked how Dawn came back to life. She took a strand of her black hair and started to play with it. I noticed that she did this often when she was nervous so I reached over and grabbed her other hand and squeezed it. She looked up at me and nodded slowly saying she understood that I would be right by her side as she told her story.
"At first I woke up and I was surrounded by darkness and didn't know where I was. i tried to sit up but ended up hitting my head on wood then panic took over. And before I knew it I was ripping the wood above me and dirt came pouring in. So I did the only logical thing that came to mind. I began to dig up until I reached the surface. The first thing I thought was Tom and so I started to make my way over here. There was this drunk man on the road and I could hear things and smell things. I heard the way his heart beat and the blood flow in his body. Next thing I know I drained him already. It was an Accident I didn't mean to do it." Dawn finished telling the story. Hayley hugged Dawn. Then I decided to speak up. "Hayley she is a hybrid like me. Part witch and part vampire." Hayley just nodded. "Do you want me to tell your dad you are alive?" Hayley asked Dawn. She just shook her head. "Its better for everyone to think I'm dead. The only people who can know are you Hope and Tom." Hayley nodded in understanding. "What are you planning to do?" Hayley asked us. I smiled and said "Well maybe new scenery is what Dawn and I need. We were planning on going to New York where I can run my families business from one of the companies there." Hayley smiled and said," I think something new is the best for both of you. Go ahead with those plans. When will you be leaving?"
"Probably in 4 weeks"
"Seems reasonable. So Hope will vet a chance to see you before you go right?" Dawn nodded to Hayley's question.
"Well I better get back." Hayley told us. Dawn and I both stood up and walked Hayley to the door and then from the window we watch her drive off. As soon as the car was out of sight I turned around and scooped Dawn up bridal style and said,"let's get some sleep love."