Welcome Back?

5 years Later

Klaus' POV

I drove up the familiar driveway leading to the mansion I call home. Hayley smiled from the seat next to me and said " The girls are so big and I bet they can't wait to see you" My hands tightened on the steering wheel. I hope that they both can't wait to see me.  Hayley opened the car door and jumped out. I followed her actions and I was about to close the door when some on ran out. "Daddy"  I smiled and knelt down to the ground as Hope hugged me tightly. I felt liquid running down my face as I looked at twelve year old Hope. "You've grown so much. Look at how tall you are love. I'm so sorry I had to miss so much of your life" Hope smiled at me and wiped the tears falling down my cheeks and then said " It's fine daddy I'm so glad that your home. I've been working on my paintings while you were gone. And I also planted a garden in the back yard." I smiled at Hopes enthusiasm. 

Finely after Hope filled me in on everything that went on while I was away we all settled in for dinner. I smiled finely we were a family and completed. When I looked around the table my eyes settled upon the empty chair next to Hayley. Hope seemed to notice me looking at Dawn's empty chair and said " Don't worry Daddy Dawn will be her soon. She called me and said that she just needs to finish a couple of things at school because after all this was her last year. Then she will be heading off to college with the love of her life Thomas Brown. They're going to the same college here in New Orleans because Dawn wants to stay close to us."  I just nodded and smiled. After dinner and cleaning up Hope asked if e could have a dance party and celebrate my return in the loving room. 

So we turned on some music and celebrated with some blood and scotch. Except for Hope who of course had a soda and was dancing on the sofa while singing along to the songs. We were all having a good time we failed to notice the person who was looking at us like we were idiots.

 We were all having a good time we failed to notice the person who was looking at us like we were idiots

Dawn's POV

I smiled as I said bye to Tom on the other end of the line. I looked at the screensaver. It was a picture of Hope and I on my 17 birthday. I turned of my phone and slipped it into my bag pulling out my wallet getting ready to pay the cab driver. As he pulled into the driveway and came to a stop I pulled some money out and gave it to him. "Keep the change. Thanks" I slipped out of the car and went to the boot of the cab which the driver popped open. I grabbed my trunk and closed the boot. Then the driver nodded a good evening and drove of leaving me to stare at the mansion and sigh. I heard music blasting from the living room. i walked up to the door and let myself in. I dragged my trunk all the way to  the living room and saw Hope dancing on the sofa holding a soda can and my uncle mom aunts and dad sitting and drinking scotch. Finely my dad caught my eye. 'What a bunch of idiots' I thought to myself.  walked over and turned off the music causing and uproar of hey. "Hope shouldn't you be in bed? And for the love of pizza get of the furniture please." Hope jumped down and gave me a quick hug then quickly went upstairs for bed. "You know it's 12 am right. Way past Hope's bedtime. I advise you in the future to not keep her up that late. Her body needs rest. Welcome home dad. It is most delightful to have you back." After I said this I lifted my trunk and headed upstairs to retire for the night.

Klaus POV

She looked so grown up and she certainty acted like it. I just  watched in awe when she spoke to us. Than I turned to Hayley and said "That's Dawn?" She just nodded her head as I tried to wrap my head around the fact that my little girls weren't so little anymore.