CHAPTER 10

ELLAYAH'S POV

"We need to talk!"

'Wait lang ! Can't you wait?" She was picking the sea shells from the beach. I cannot lie to her anymore. It makes me feel more guilty day by day.

"Ruby? Please? Its gonna be dark soon. Its gonna be 6pm and I have something important to say!" I said while crossing my arms.

She turned at me looking innocently and said "okay"

"What is it that is so important  huh?" She said while hugging my waist from the back.

"Ruby I need to-" her phone rang. I swear everytime we try to do something, the freaking phone would come our way.

"Hello ma? Ano? Give the phone to him!" She shouted. She looked pissed.

"How dare you to leave ma in the road while you go out dating with that bitch?" She shouted.

"Don't talk about me now, its ma that we are talking about. Thank god it was just a small accident. I swear I will take ma away from you too if you don't know how to take good care of her"

"I said don't talk about me! Xavier is fine with me. I take good care of him! That is all it matters now, you don't have to involve my love life in this, walang kinalaman ng bf ko dito okay?"

She was arguing with someone about 20 minutes now. I Don't know if it is the right time for me to tell her about the Mafia thing.

She finally ended the call.

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

"I am just so mad!!" Her eyes started to water. I have never seen her crying like that. A single tear slid down from her eyes, followed by another one, and another one, until soon, a steady stream of salty tears flowed it's way down her pale cheek.

"Hey don't cry. Come here, tell me about it" we both sat down on the beach. It was already dark and it was just the two of us sitting on the beach.

She took a deep breath before she start talking. This is new to me. We have been together for almost 3 months now but I have never seen her cry like that.

"My half brother, Vincent and I used to fight a lot. He'd come home drunk and started to hit everyone including Xavier. Mom is half paralyzed so she couldn't do anything that time and I won't be home always because I'd stay at school till evening. The only person he wouldn't hurt is mom."

"that is why you took Xavier away with you here in manila?" I never knew she had to raise Xavier here in manila alone. I thought her parents might send her some money to raise Xavier by herself.

"Yes, I remembered that night he raise  the gun on Xavier. Xavier was only 4 then. Of course as a sister I got worried and panic too cause I didn't have the courage to fight back pero I did what a family would do. I pushed him away from Xavy. I took the gun and shoot his arm and the only thing I could think of is to run away from him. I bring Xavier with me to Manila.   Ma helped me with my study fees while I was fully responsible with Xavier."

I can't believe she took care of Xavier all by herself. She was only 17 then.

"We stayed at a small apartment and I would work after school for our daily expenses, bills and Xavier's need. Remember how I was willing to do your assignment in exchange of money diba? I really needed them that time"

"I'm sorry Ruby, I didn't know"

"Its okay love, I'm happy I got someone like you that can comfort me when I'm sad. Someone I can trust, someone who wouldn't lie to me"

This makes me feel guilty more about myself pero I'm not gonna take the risk by hurting her more. I Decided to keep it to myself first until she is okay.

"What is it that you wanna tell me just now?" She said while smiling. She stopped crying already but her eyes are still swollen.

"Nothing important actually, lets get inside now, its gonna be 7pm na, tara lets have some cakes" I said while pulling her up.

"Okay, uhmm but can we meet mom tomorrow?"

"Sure love, we'll  get her some gifts too." I said. I would love to meet her mom.

I will tell her when the time comes but today is not the day.