Chapter 23

READ AND ENJOY

READ AND ENJOY

READ AND ENJOY

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Time seems to pace ridiculously slow when you wait for someone. It almost seemed cruel. Niall starred at the clock on the wall, already half pass eleven and yet no sign of Harry. He sent him the text of the compound hours ago. He couldn't be lost can he? I mean the Horan compound literally is the biggest private property in the entire country. How hard can it be to figure out. Unless...

The blonde was too into his thoughts that he didn't hear footsteps coming behind him.

"Niall, are you still waiting for that Harry?" Bobby's voice echoed.

Niall looked at his father who had two glasses of wine in his hand. The elder handed one to his son. Niall smell the wonderful aroma of the wine. Something Bobby thought him at a young age. Always smell the wine first. Savour it's aroma.  Bobby then took a seat on the adjacent chair. 

"Are you still waiting for him? Why are you wasting your life over that boy" stated Bobby. 

Niall starred at his father. Is this man even for real? 

"Excuse me?" replied Niall, cocking an eyebrow at his father.

Bobby laughed and put his own wine glass on the table. "Believe me Niall. Why waste your life over someone so inferior." 

Niall starred blankly at his father. What the fucking fuck!? 

"He isn't right for you Niall. You are a very successful man Niall. You don't need someone whose main talent is baking!" 

"You need someone who can inspire you. Make you work harder. Make you a better man. Catapult you and our company into the stratosphere! You are way too good for him son." 

Niall tried his best not to laugh at what he was hearing. It sounded like a joke. A really bad joke. He practically insulted the man he loves on every angle possible. Niall folded his arms tightly across his body glaring at his father.  

"You have no right to say that Dad." 

Bobby remained unmoved in his position. "You know I am right Niall. A man like that are a dime-a-dozen. Men like that screw around with the rich and powerful. They use you to their advantage until they run your life. We've seen it happen a million times!" 

"He's a liability to you and to our family heritage!" this time Bobby practically barked at Niall. 

Niall winced at Bobby's tone. He absolutely hates it when someone yells at him. Yelling always makes things a million times worse than it actually is. 

"Well you are wrong dad!" 

"I am always right. You'll see."