Chapter 14: Reunions; Part 1

《After a long hiatus, the author has returned, kind of. There wont be often updates, but I will slowly continue the story.》

《Spectator POV》

~It has been 4 years since the death of Rei, Zenir's peerage has mostly been inactive and have gone their own ways to train themselves. Meanwhile Zenir has stayed away from public eyes.~

《Luin's POV》

I take a seat at the bar, which is rather empty and the bartender comes over, "What can I get ya?" He asks. "Anything, doesn't really matter to me." I reply and he quickly gets me a drink.

I look around to scope out the few people in the bar with me and notice a cloaked figure in the corner reading a book, their cloak covers all of them making it impossible to see their appearance. "Their a sell sword, an assassin." The bartender informs me while cleaning out a glass.

"I guess I go make a new friend and ally then." I say as I leave some money for my drink, I walk over to the cloaked figure, "Hey how about a team up for a recon mission I took on?" I ask.

"Split 70/30 and I'll help." They say with a feminine voice, "Sure but I'll need to see who I'm working with." I say as we both walk outside. They take off there cloak to reveal a young looking woman with long silver hair.

"Wait a moment, you seem familiar." I say and take a closer look at her. "What are you a Devil?" I say in a semi sarcastic tone just as a precaution.

They look at me in surprise, "I am, how did you know?" She asks going on the defensive. "You looked similar to an old friend of mine, someone I haven't seen in 4 years." I say.

"4 years....? Luin is that you?" The girl says with a rather cautious and hushed voice, I get taken aback. "Ok so you know me but I don't recall you." I say, "It's Quin. I guess I use to look more like a robot back in the day." She says with a smile.

She then hugs me, causing me to freeze for a second but I hug her back. "Its good to see you again Quin, have you heard from anyone else in the past few years?" I ask as we end our hug. "Besides Mire, no she has been the only one, however she is rather busy being a idol." Quin tells me.

"Shall we go see her? I heard she has a concert going on in a few days, after we do the contract of course." I ask.
She nods and we depart to being our mission.

~Short Time Skip~

We arrive at Mire's concert and find a way back stage, we watch the rest of the concert, and afterwords we see Mire walking to her room, we see someone meet up with her and walk into the room along side her.

"Did she get a boyfriend or something?" I ask, "The media would be all over that if she did." Quin informs me, we walk over to the door and end up overhearing their conversation.

"Good, now that we did our end of the bargain, it's time you do yours." We hear a man speaking. "But I already have, I've already used my magic on you guys alot, I cant raise your power any higher." We hear Mire speak.

"Then you have outlive your usefulness." The man speaks and Quin rushes in and kicks the man back. I rush in and draw my sword, "Attacking an idol at her own concert is rather rude don't you think." I say pointing my sword at the guy as he gets up.

"Uninvited guests, how annoying, We will deal with you later Raim." The man states and makes a magic circle.