Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Nothing,...." she answered but he knew she is hesitant to speak out.

"Tell me. Feel free to talk Piyali, I am your husband so please tell me what's bothering you?" He persisted,

"I got my periods. My stomach hurts during this time." She whispered and looked sideways as she felt embarrassed of her own words. Her eyes were still wet with unshed tears.
His eyes edged with concern seeing her suffering was killing him inside.

"Let me massage your belly, you will feel better." He offered.
"Will it work." She asked tentatively.
"Yeah, I heard it works well."
"Ok." She agreed.

"Why are you wearing this saree? Wear something comfortable."
"But your mom told me that you like your wife to wear saree only." She stated.

"God, it's only in day time. At night you can wear something loose and comfortable.
Go and wear my t-shirt." He said and passed her one of his t-shirt and sweatpants.

After coming from bathroom, wearing his cloths, she lied on bed. She closed her eyes and tears rolled down on her already wet cheeks. He felt so bad for her.
He folded her t-shirt up, just below her breasts. Then slowly he began to massage her belly, his fingers glided smoothly on her milky white skin.

"Your belly is so soft." He murmured massaging her belly with his thumb in circular motion.

She didn't answer; he realized that she was asleep already.

to be continued....