Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Author's POV

Nick unlocked the door with key and walked inside. Piyali was sitting at the bottom of the bed wrapping her arms around her knees, her face was pale.

"Piyali"

Her eyes followed the source of Nick's voice as she found Nick standing near the door. She felt as if her soul came alive, wide smile came up on her beautiful face, quickly she stood up and sprinted towards Nick.

She hugged him tightly as if her life depends on it, Nick gently dropped the bags on floor he was holding and wrapped his arms around her. She muffled a sob on his shoulder which she was holding back before.

"Hey, you are crying?" he asked, she clutched his shirt more tightly and tears flowed freely on his shoulders.

"Piyali look at me, are you...are you crying because I was gone out for a while?" he asked cupping her face in his palms, her eyes soaking with tears and lips trembling.

"Oh no, now I am feeling so guilty, I made you cry. But I never thought that you would be awake any sooner, you were sleeping like a crocodile" he said to lighten her mood.

"DID YOU JUST CALL ME CROCODILE?

YOU ARE SO MEAN....FIRSTLY YOU DISAPPEARED LEAVING ME ALONE MYSELF, YOU DIDN'T LEAVE ANY MESSAGE ABOUT WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO, YOU DIDN'T EVEN CARRIED YOUR PHONE SO THAT I CAN CONTACT YOU, WHAT IF SOMEONE TRIED TO HURT ME....

WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME? WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?" suddenly she was angry on him and then she broke down into tears. Nick didn't understand why she was panic; he was gone hardly for one and half hour. But now he was feeling guilty of himself for making her cry.

He pulled her against his chest, "Am sorry, I will never do that again. Please forgive me this time." He said caressing her hairs soothingly.

"Promise me, you will never leave me?" she mumbled in his chest.

"I promise." He said earnestly, placing a tender kiss on her forehead.

to be continued.....