Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Author's POV

Nick, Piyali and Arpita were having there breakfast when doorbell resonated. Piyali went to open the door. Piyali was greeted by a young lady wearing red crop top and faded blue shorts. She was holding very cute, chubby boy who was having beautiful pair of blue eyes and blonde hairs. His cheeks were so pink and his color was very pale. That cute baby was clinging to that lady and after seeing piyali he hid his head in crook of that lady's neck. She was also carrying one big bag with her. Piyali stared her with confused eyes as she never met her before.

"Hello, I am Anjali, Nick's cousin. I live in UK, you haven't seen me as I couldn't attend Nick's marriage" She said with a bright smile. "Please come in." Piyali smiled and ushered her inside.

"Hellow Nick, Hello Aunt, How are you?" Anjali greeted them happily as Nick and Arpita welcomed her.

"We all are doing well. And what about you Anjali, We are seeing you almost after two years. You look pretty and wait, is this your son?" Arpita probed looking at the kid.

"You are right Aunt, this is Edward, my son." Anjali said kissing his cheek lovingly. Nick went to take Edward in his arms but he started to cry and dug his head in Anjali's bosom.

"Ok..Ok...Be with your mama. But see what I got for you." Nick said to Edward while Edward stopped crying and eyed Nick slowly.

Nick held chocolate bar in front of the Edward and waited him to take. Edward looked at his mama as if asking for her permission. Anjali smiled and told him that he can take that chocolate as Nick is his uncle and he should say thank you for giving him chocolate. Edward took the chocolate from Nick's hand and shyly muttered 'Thank you' in his sweet baby voice.

"I am so sorry Nick, I couldn't attend your marriage. River was very busy with his business and meetings and Edward had caught up with flu. I was so excited come to india and attend your marriage. I had even purchased lehenga and matching jewellery to wear in your marriage but all my plans gone in vain." She said with a sad face.

"It's ok Anjali. Don't feel bad about it. We all understand." Nick consoled.

"Well, you are such a lucky man Nick. You have got very pretty wife." Anjali winked at Nick. Nick straightened his shirt's collar with attitude. Piyali blushed red and went to talk with Edward.  

to be continued....

😘 Please do Vote, Comment & Share 😘