Chapter 15

** This update is dedicated to @ashre22 and all my readers who are enjoying this book right now ** 

Chapter 15

"It's smelling so nice, what are you cooking my princess?" Nick inquired Piyali watching curiously as he circled his one arm around her shoulders.

"I am making 'butter paneer masala'. Today is mom's birthday, don't you know.... wait did you even wish her , I doubt" she snapped narrowing her eyes. He scoffed a little as he realized that he completely forgot his mom's birthday.

"Of course I did" he stuttered which made her even suspicious.

"Really? Then what gift did you bring for her" she asked raising one eyebrow.

"Gift....oh yeah gift...yes it's a surprise gift" Nick tried to cover his lie. This time she was sure he was lying totally, she rolled her eyes at his poor acting.

"Nick, don't you ever try to lie with Piyali, acting is not your cup of tea." Nick's mom chuckled as she walked into the kitchen.

"Nick always forget my birthday but you remembered and wished me too and oh my goodness.... what are you cooking dear, it's smelling so great." Nick's mom cheeped.

" Butter paneer masala and naans" she replied smiling.

" Happy birthday Mom. I am sorry for wishing you late." Nick said scratching his head sheepishly. Both women giggled at his antique.

*****

"I'm really feeling very lucky right now, today mom got so emotional and yet very happy because of you. She never really cares about her birthday and all but today her face was glistening with happiness.

Thank you so much for all you do for us. I mean it." Nick showed his gratitude.

She smiled shyly.
"You are exaggerating things. I did nothing special. She is such a loving mother, she deserves all the happiness in the world." Piyali said with solemn. Nick smiled with appreciation and pulled her in tight hug.

to be continued.....