33 | Rooftop Confessions

After hastily ending my phone call with Mum, I step out of the car into the warm sunshine and walk up to the front of Caroline's studio flat

After hastily ending my phone call with Mum, I step out of the car into the warm sunshine and walk up to the front of Caroline's studio flat. I have never been to visit Caroline outside of the tour and I have no idea what to expect here. Quite quickly after I knock on the door, Caroline herself swings it open with Lou standing at her side. Both women greet me joyously, pulling me inside with hugs. I haven't seen Lou and Caroline since the boys' shows in LA, and they have been such great female company on the road when Eleanor and Eliza haven't been around.

Lou plops herself down on the green armchair in the corner, and my eyes sweep the entirety of the room as I set my bag down on the table. The right half occupies racks upon racks of clothing for the boys for all occasions. Suits, shirts, pants, jackets, t-shirts...you name it and Caroline probably has it. Meanwhile the left side of the room has dresses of different lengths colour coordinated from light to dark, along with women's tops, jackets - seriously anything and everything. The back wall is lined with shoe racks and boxes for both men and women. The studio resembles a typical clothing store, a very stocked up overfilled one at that, but one that Caroline and the boys have at their own disposal. It's impressive.

"Wow," I finally settle on the word once my eyes have taken everything in, making Caroline and Lou laugh at the shocked expression that is surely on my face.

"It's crazy in here, innit? This is where the guys have their fittings and where I store everything. For not only them but myself as well," Caroline explains with a grin.

"I don't know where to start," I confess, already starting to feel overwhelmed. "I was thinking of going long?"

"That's what I was thinking for you as well," Lou grins.

Caroline gives a thumbs up before walking over to the left side of the room. I follow her there when she beckons me over.

"Before I start pulling dresses off the racks, did you have a colour in mind?"

"Well, I was thinking of wearing a colour that would compliment Harry, if that makes sense? So when we're standing next to each other we don't look like polar opposites."

"That's a good point," Lou pipes up from her seat across the room, making Caroline hum and nod in agreement.

I quickly add, "But I don't want to know anything about what he's wearing until the day."