10 | Holmes Chapel

After what felt like one of the longest car journeys we've ever had back home, Harry pulls up in the driveway of his family home, and I check the time on my phone

After what felt like one of the longest car journeys we've ever had back home, Harry pulls up in the driveway of his family home, and I check the time on my phone. At just about four o'clock, we have arrived early enough to settle down with our families before dinner. Anne has started a tradition that no matter the day of the week that Harry gets home, she prepares a Sunday dinner. She invites my parents and me over if I'm not with him so we can all spend time together like we always used to. Sunday dinners always alternated between our houses, including Eliza's mother, Sally's house sometimes too.

Her parents amicably divorced when we were in our second year of secondary school. And despite remaining good friends, it weighed heavy on their hearts. Her father still lived in Holmes Chapel to be close to Eliza and her two older brothers, William and Philip. But he decided to move to Manchester when Philip was accepted into University there. Their father is the reason William and Eliza followed Philip's footsteps to attend University in Manchester, to be close to him again. I'll never forget the day we were all told about the divorce. It was a shock obviously, but for Eliza and her brothers, it was a relief.

With Anne and Robin's wedding quickly approaching, I feel as though the main topic of conversation tonight will be everything regarding the wedding itself. Which will completely overpower the usual tour talk that Harry brings to the table. Harry always passionately talks about every little thing that happened on the tour while he was away. I can picture how whiney he is going to be tonight when the main focus is on the wedding. I know Harry will never want to take away from Anne and Robin's special day from finally happening. But when it comes to planning something, he is quick and efficient in getting things done. Unlike the women in his life who look at every possible option for one thing, as us women tend to do.

Harry cuts the engine and secures the Rover, the keys clanging together as he takes them out of the ignition. He leans back in his seat after unbuckling his seatbelt, staring up at the house in front of us.

"Home," he whispers with a smile.

I smile at him and follow his lead, also turning to look at the house. We have shared so many memories in this house as kids and over the years, many happy ones. Harry and I always found our way to each others' house since we were kids. With no siblings of my own, I was always with Harry and Gemma when we were younger. Additionally, Eliza when the three of us became closer friends in our final year of primary school. The best part is that my family's house is a short walk away from Anne and Robin's so it was always easy for Harry and I to see each other. If I was not at home when Mum or Dad got home from work and school was done for the day, they knew where I was without having to think twice.