07 | Spontaneity

I was in a deep sleep until a loud pounding against wood jolted me awake

I was in a deep sleep until a loud pounding against wood jolted me awake. Harry's arm wound around me tighter as he too jumped at the sound. I was relieved to find that Paul's fist knocking on the dressing room door was the source of the noise when he swung the door open.

"You've been sleepin' for two hours," he informed us before he disappeared from view and called a final, "Get up, H," over his shoulder.

Harry groaned as he sluggishly disentangled himself from me and sat up on the couch we were sharing since we got back from our tour around Milan. He insisted that he sleep on the edge of the couch today. If either of us were to roll off in their sleep, Harry would have rather it be himself. Luckily, even though he is a naturally clumsy person without even having to try, he managed to stay on the couch for the duration of our nap.

"Yeah, m'up," Harry mumbled through a sigh, even though Paul had no way of hearing him.

He dropped his head in his hands and rubbed at his eyes in attempts to wake himself up. The last couple of days have been non-stop. We were both so tired after our tour around the city, combined with the late-night we had after last nights' show, our lack of sleep is starting to catch up with us. Despite how tired I am, I know Harry would be ten times more tired than what I was, and I could tell that he was struggling.

I squeezed his shoulder as an act of reassurance before I decided to let him be to get ready for the show. I dragged myself down the hall and joined Lou in her 'Glam Room' as she likes to call it, despite the only people she 'glams up' are the boys. As requested, she gave me highlights yesterday, and I thankfully had the seal of approval from Harry.

I sat down crossed legged on top of a spare table against the side wall. I chatted with Lou and the boys while they each had their turn of getting their hair styled for the show. Once Lou finished Niall's hair, he jumped up from the chair with the biggest grin on his face and all the energy in the world. After Lou styles his hair, he always feels energetic and ready for the show.

My eyes struggled to keep up with him as he bounced towards the door, and he nearly collided straight into Harry when he randomly popped up in the doorway. A small smile graced his face at Niall's enthusiasm, and he patted him on the back while they shuffled around each other for Niall to leave the room and Harry to enter.