47 | Distract and Divert

Three Weeks Later

Three Weeks Later

A great deal has happened since the day of the albums' release, and a couple days have passed since we have been in London and the promo run for Midnight Memories concluded. The boys performed on Good Morning America in Central Park the day after release, waking up to the news that Midnight Memories was already number one in a heap of countries. They flew back to London the next day, along with friends and family members that made the trip across the pond for 1D Day.

Instead of returning to the U.K with them, I took a risk and chose to fly back to L.A to work with Julian and John for the next week until the boys came back to the States for their last bit of press. While in London, the boys attended a film premiere and Harry attended the British Fashion Awards solo to collect an award he won.

Being apart was tough for Harry and I, but something we knew we needed since we are constantly by the others' side. I met with the boys in New York a few hours before they were due on Saturday Night Live, and nothing could compare to the feeling of seeing Harry in person after a whole week. No matter how much time we spend apart, may it be a few hours, days or weeks, Harry still has the ability to fill my stomach with butterflies and make my heart race.

I was in awe as I sat in the audience at SNL, watching the boys perform Through The Dark for the very first time as well as watching them participate in the skits. From New York it was to Italy for a performance on The X Factor Italia, Spain for a press conference, and France for the NRJ Music Awards all in the space of five days before finally coming home. The boys had two more work commitments yesterday before their official holiday break and it was a perfect last day of work for the year.

The day began with a charity event for Rays of Sunshine and ended with a performance of Midnight Memories on The X Factor. I was joined by Eliza, Eleanor and Sophia in the audience since it was the finale result show, and the boys really did go out with a bang on that performance. I nearly collapsed on the spot when the girls and I went backstage to wish the boys luck prior to their performance. The sight of Harry with the first few buttons of his black shirt undone, a bandanna tied around his head, and an earring hanging from his left ear was almost too much to bear. It took a great deal of self control to not jump his bones right then and there.