35 | Just You And Me

Depending on which way you look at it, Harry and I made it back to his house from the afterparty quite late at night or really early in the morning

Depending on which way you look at it, Harry and I made it back to his house from the afterparty quite late at night or really early in the morning. Our parents had already left the party a few hours prior and were already asleep on the first floor when we got back. Once my heels were kicked off and picked up, Harry led me up the first flight of stairs as stealthily as possible with his hand in mine.

When we cleared the first landing he brought on index finger to his lips while smiling widely as a sign for me to quiet, which only made me want to laugh. I had to pull my bottom lip between my teeth to contain my giggles as we tip toed up the second flight of stairs to his bedroom. We had gotten changed and were just climbing into bed when we heard Gemma come up the stairs.

When we were doing our rounds of saying goodbye to everyone at the afterparty, Gemma urged us to go while she stayed a little longer, despite Harry's protests for her to leave with us. He eventually caved with a little convincing from me along with seeing how much of a great time she was having. We left her with Sophia, Eliza and Niall and the four showed no signs of tiring from drinking and celebrating at that point. It seemed as though their energy expired not long after we left for her to be back before we fell asleep.

It felt like I had only shut my eyes for a few minutes when I heard Harry softly calling my name. A brief glance at the clock on the bedside table told me it was half five, around an hour since we closed our eyes. With a flutter of my eyelids to wake myself up a little more, I looked up to the sight of Harry above me, a hand on either side of my waist to prop himself up, no longer under the duvet with me.

From what I could see, he was wearing a plain white t-shirt and his hair looked like he'd run his hands through it a few times to tame it. The cool metal of the cross dangling on the chain around his neck grazed my chest as he grinned at me through heavy eyelids.

"Where are you going?" I murmured with a frown on my face.

"Liam, Zayn and I are going to record an interview with Grimmy," he whispered. The expression on his face told me that the last thing he wanted to do was leave. "I'll be back before you open your eyes again."

I exhaled a deep sigh through my nose and briefly recall mumbling an "Okay, love you," to him which he instantly returned. His lips were on mine for a quick peck before he was gone, and my exhaustion pulled me back into a dreamless sleep.