43 | Brunette Beauty

BANG!

The door of the suite burst open and banged against the doorstop, causing me to jump out of my skin at the same time I brought a hand to my chest, my heart temporarily hammering in fear. I turned towards the source. A sweaty, messy haired but excited looking Harry straight from the hotel gym. I rested my palms on my thighs and hunched over my suitcase in front of me as I released a relieved breath.

"Bloody hell, Haz, you scared me half to death!"

It was the last day of the boys' second round of Melbourne shows before moving on to Brisbane. My mind was elsewhere as I was packing my suitcase ready to travel to Brisbane the next day, ensuring I had all of my belongings accounted for when Harry arrived from the gym a bit sooner than the norm.

"Sorry," he apologised as he kicked the door shut with his heel, causing it to lightly slam before he continued on. "I was just running on the treadmill when I had a thought."

"Woah, are you okay?" I questioned incredulously, making him exchange his grin for a frown. I took his silence as a cue to continue, "You know, did it hurt? Did the thought hurt your brain?"

He sighed through his nose and tilted his head to one side, his expression reading 'really?' as he dropped his towel, water bottle and room key on the coffee table.  I couldn't help but giggle before he choose to ignore my teasing.

"Oh good, you're packing," he realised. "Make sure you have all your bags packed and ready to go."

"I am." I pursed my lips to fight my smile as I frowned at him, sensing there was something more to this. "Why?"

"So, you know how there's no show tomorrow," he stated rather than asked, prompting me to nod as a proud smile grew on his lips. "The two of us are going to leave for Brisbane tonight because tomorrow we're going on a date."

We had not yet made any plans for the day off at this stage, and his use of the word 'date' gave me butterflies of the good kind. To hear that Harry and I would be spending time together formally made me feel nervous and excited all at once. Of course, we spend time together all the time, but time alone for just the two of us has not been easy since being in Australia, and we haven't been on a 'date' since we have been in the country.