Finally Awake

I feel like I've been in a coma for years now. I've tried multiple times to get up but my body keeps protesting. Every day I hear my mother's and Katy's voice crying, and I've heard my brothers voice begging for me to come back. While I was stuck in and out of oblivion I've been able to talk to my father and the Moon Goddess on how to plan for the war. It took me a while to get used to my powers and I still haven't unlocked it fully. I keep asking the Goddess to tell me how to unlock it but she said it would alternate the future and change my views. Some of my powers included the strength of about 100 Alphas, all my abilities were heightened like my smell hearing and healing. Also I could move things with my mind, it was awesome. My wolf was irritating me about her mate and kept repeating the same thing before she walked away. I tried following her but I ended up by the waterfall every time. Sometimes I wonder what my mate was doing and if he knew I was here. Then I would brush it off, I didn't need him and I'm sick and tired of everyone telling me to accept him. I didn't even know him! The only thing I knew about him was his name!

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* What was that I thought and began to panic. The beeping got louder and I gasped opening my eyes. The light hit my eyes and I quickly shut them. I heard shuffling and I slowly started to open my eyes. I was met with the most beautiful light brown eyes. They were so intense that it looked like it was gold. I reached up to touch his face but reality hit me like a brick and I retracted it back. I saw hurt in his eyes and he held my hand, trying to makeup for the lost contact. I tried to pull my hand away but he had a firm grip. Sighing I said, "Xavier stop," but it came out hoarse. He looked shocked that I knew his name, but he soon replaced his shock with a smile. Rolling my eyes I started to look around the room. Everything was white except for some balloons and flowers that were placed in a corner. I smiled at the thought of someone giving me flowers and looked towards Xavier with a frown. Reading my thoughts he said,"Your family will be by later." I nodded since my voice hurt and I couldn't speak. This was the first time I ever heard Xavier speak. His voice was deep and velvety. It suited him. Staring at the cup of water on the counter, Xavier must've finally got the hint because he chuckled and handed me the glass of water. Finally letting my hand go he helped me sit up, so I could drink some water. I groaned in pain and took a sharp intake of breath as pain radiated down my spine. Taking small sips of the water my throat immediately felt refreshed, thanking me for giving it relief. After a few more sips I laid back down since sitting up was very taxing. "We need to talk about being mates," I said still a little hoarse. "We can't talk here Em it's too dangerous. When you recover fully then we can meet to talk," Xavier replied. "Why?" I said confused. "For my own selfish reasons I awoke you from your coma, but you still need to train. I'm sure the moon goddess has already explained to you about the war that's coming, and how we're the key pieces. That puts a target on our back," Xavier explained. I gasped at his knowledge and remained silent. So this was really not a dream. Everything that transpired during my coma was true. "The accident, that wolf I heard?" I said coming to a realization. "That wasn't a regular wolf, it was a rogue and it wanted you to have that accident. They wanted to kill you Em," Xavier said solemnly and I let out a shaky breath. Someone was trying to kill me. "Look, I have to go. Being in the same room with you right now isn't safe," Xavier mentioned and I watched him leave the room. All of a sudden I didn't like being in a room all by myself.