Secrets

Mom's POV

I sat across from Colton, nervous about the secret I was going to reveal to him. I had stupidly exposed myself when I heard Emma scream, and I thought something was seriously wrong. Now I had to explain to my son why his mother just zapped into the room. "I'm going to tell you something very important son, and I want you to listen to what I have to say. You can ask me questions when I'm done," I said. I saw him nod and I took in a huge breath before saying,"I've been lying to you for a long time. Your father knew what I was, but I'm not just a werewolf. I'm a hybrid. Part wolf, witch, and vampire to be exact," I added. Colton looked at me shocked and he blinked rapidly as if digesting all the information. "My whole life has been a lie," Colton finally said. He was taking in the information well so far. I shook my head, sad that he would say such a thing. "I know there's a part of you that's noticed how different you are. Being an Alpha on top of that, you've managed to do fine all this time," I coaxed. "Managed?" Colton scoffed. "I compartmentalize everything, and I throw myself into my work so I don't have to deal with the havoc dad caused when he died," Colton admitted. "I didn't know you felt that way. You and your sister were the only thing keeping me together after your fathers death, I didn't realize what a sucky job I was doing as a mother. You just hate me," I said solemnly. "Your mate died, I could never hate you for that," Colton said rubbing my shoulders comfortingly. "So what does this mean for Emma? She's been acting more strange than usual," Colton mentioned. I sighed knowing this was coming and said, "Now that's she's of age and just came into her powers, we should be able to tell what side she's inherited. I tried to figure yours out, but like you said, you compartmentalize. You've managed to block whatever side you have." "Wait. Did you say Emma came into her powers? What powers?," Colton said confused. "At first I was confused when I saw her floating in the air and glowing, but I remembered the prophecy your father used to tell me. I thought it was another one of his silly stories he would tell for my amusement, but I recognized your sister as the chosen one," I said with a smile. "You're not making any sense," Colton said with a frown. "I'll explain when your sister is here. That way I don't have to repeat myself," I said looking around. "Where is your sister? I heard her in distress earlier," I asked. "At school, she kind of almost killed Kayla today," Colton said matter of fact. "What!?" I said surprised. "Yeah, it was actually pretty scary. I never saw her that easy before, her eyes screamed murder," Colton said remembering the incident. "That doesn't sound like her, something must be wrong," I said with a frown. "She has been acting strange since she woke up from her coma, could it be her powers?" Colton questioned. "Could be. Do you mind checking on her at school?" I asked. "Of course mom, I'll make sure she's okay," Colton promised.