Hungry

"Emma...Emma open the door! You've been in there for three hours!" Colton shouted. I slowly started to wake up as Colton kept pounding on the door. He was now threatening to come in. I silently thanked my dad for installing werewolf proof things to my room as a way to keep me safe. It was annoying back then since I was young and I thought my dad was being overprotective. But now I saw the purpose in it. I frowned at Colton now ramming into my door. " I'm fine!" I shouted, and Colton stopped his onslaught. "I've been knocking for five minutes! Why didn't you say something!" Colton said pissed. "I didn't hear you, now can you leave!" I replied. "No! Now come on out. We need to make sure you're okay," Colton retorted. "Fine!" I said rolling my eyes, and I snaked a towel around me before opening the door. Colton, his Beta Jace, his Third Command Derek, and mom, were all staring at me with concerned expressions. "Look I'm alive, you can leave now," I coaxed. Suddenly, they all looked at me awkwardly and I snapped," what the hell are you guys looking at!?". The guys blushed walking out the door with my mother muttering curses at me about being a hassle. They never seen a girl in a towel before, I huffed. The door closed but Colton remained in my room unmoved. Looking at him I took a step back, Colton's eyes were now a pitch black, and I knew I was dealing with his wolf. Maybe I shouldn't have yelled , I probably questioned Colton's wolf's authority as alpha. He was always sensitive about these things. ' How dare you yell at your Alpha, especially since Colton has been nothing but worried about you', Jeff, Colton's wolf spat. I cringed at the voice and muttered, "Sorry Alpha." I saw Colton fight his wolf and gain control when his eyes turned back to their piercing blue. Before I could say anything Colton said," put some clothes on," then stormed out of the room. I quickly put on clothes and headed downstairs. While I was going down the stairs people kept talking to me, giving me their congrats on coming home. I quickly got irritated as people were also giving me looks filled with pity. Instantly I regretted not taking the elevator, but I just wanted some exercise. Finally reaching the bottom I headed towards the kitchen and was surprised by someone rounding the corner. I screamed and punched something that just so happened to be Kayla, and she landed on the floor unconscious. "Whoops," I said not feeling guilty. It was an accident after all. My stomach grumbled, reminding me that I was starving, and I looked round frantically for food. It was like I had became a starved animal that hadn't eaten in weeks, desperate for food. I sniffed the air and I turned my head to spot Kyle  eating eggs, pancakes, sausage, and bacon. Immediately an evil smile was on my face. I ungracefully pounced on Kyle, successfully stealing the plate away from him, and I growled at him when he started to protest. He put his hands up in surrender and he disappeared from the kitchen, in search for some help. Kyle came back with my mother and others started to gather around the breakfast bar. I was licking my plate clean not satisfied and let out a whimper, when my stomach growled again. My mother quickly wrapped me in a hug and cooed," my poor baby, she's hungry." I heard a few of the pack members snickering behind me and I turned to glare at them. They immediately stopped laughing. Colton came in and looked at Kayla still spread across the floor unconscious, then to me who was still wrapped in mother's arms. Sighing he said," let me guess, you're hungry." I nodded whimpering at the thought of being without food until I heard Colton call the chefs name. A huge grin spread across my face. "What about me!? She ate all my food you know, and now I'm hungry," Kyle said incredulously. Everyone burst out laughing and Colton said," fine the chef will make something for you too". That comment ended with me and Kyle smiling like we just won the lottery.