Comets Flying By

Here is the introduction of Damon and Sofia meeting each other. I can't wait for you all to read more about Sofia's interaction with the Vampire Diaries group.

Caroline clearly instructed us to be cheerful while we passed out the program for the comet. I think she said you bitches better be smiling your asses off that you'll need to get Botox from the wrinkles we will cause to our faces. I would have settled with being overly nice but Botox will work too.

"Night at the comet. Would you like a program?" We asked our hundredth person. "He didn't call, huh?" Bonnie asks Elena concerned.

"Or text. But then I realized we never even exchanged that stuff. We never gotten to the texting part."

"Elena, that's like the first thing you do in a new relationship. You have to be crazy  texting each other all night and all day." I explain to my sister.

"Sofia's right. It's an important milestone in a relationship."

"Isn't it? The time is wrong, anyway." Bonnie and I share a look. Elena is just giving herself an excuse for why things can't work with Stefan.

"Is it, ever right?" Bonnie throws out.

"I'm not ready Bonnie."

"Who is?"

"Bon's right. I was nowhere near ready when Ty asked me out and I'm not saying my relationship has the best track record, but he's given me more good times than bad. And that's life you have to enjoy the good times you have with someone." I state.

"At least I put myself out there."

"Ooh, I wouldn't call it that." I scrunch my nose at her comment.

"What do you mean?"

"All Sofia and I are hearing are reasons why you can't."

"Here's a flyer." I went around and handed more flyers out to everyone. "Here..." I drop my flyers and I quickly dive to pick them up before they fly away.

"Sorry, that's my bad. Let me help."

"Thank yo..." I look up and I'm suddenly lost in the most piercing blue eyes I've ever seen. I quickly avert my gaze and dive back into picking up the flyers. I stand up and take the flyers from the guy I bumped into. "Sorry, I didn't see you there." I say brushing some hair behind my ear.

"No, it's my fault. I was just wondering what is going on and I bumped into you."

"Well, since you may or may not have caught on." I hand him one of the flyers. "Tonight is the night of the century's year-old comment. It only happens every couple hundreds of years and tonight it can be seen clearly with ease. There are food, face painting and even raffles for baked goods and possibly a gift card or two." I say with a smile.

"As fun as that sounds. I would rather win your name and number." My mouth hangs open from his blunt statement. I quickly shut it and I can already feel my cheeks redden.

"As flattering as that is. I don't give my number out to complete strangers." The guy takes a step closer to me and for some reason, I don't step back.

"Are you sure?" He looks into my eyes and for a second I thought they did something strange.

"I'm pretty sure." He looks shocked by my response. "But I will give you my name in case you need to ask me another question or two. I'm Sofia Gilbert."  I hold out my hand for him to shake but instead he takes it and places his lips to my knuckles. It felt like I was having an out of body experience.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Sofia. I will see you around." I was so shocked by his actions that I completely forgot to get his name and when I looked for him in the crowd he was nowhere to be seen.