Rebirth

Thank you for your support. I can't wait for you to read everything I have planned.

Stefan's POV

Damon handled getting Elena out of here but he did not witness Klaus in his last moment of strength impaling Sofia with a stake killing her. Bonnie continued to fight Klaus off as I rush to her side. "Sofia." I hold her hand and there is no warmth coming from her.

"Stefan." She barely mutters.

"Save your strength here." I bite into her wrist trying to give her blood but she shakes her head.

"I'm not in pain. I feel nothing." She starts to close her eyes.

"Sofia. No Please you need to stay with me." I hold her as she passes in my arms and I have no idea how I'm going to break the news to Damon. I turn to see Elijah plunge his hand into Klaus' chest. Bonnie looks down at Sofia's dead lifeless body with tears streaming down her face.

"In the name of our family, Niklaus..."

"I didn't bury them at sea! Their bodies are safe. If you kill me, you'll never find them."

"Elijah!" I stand up holding Sofia in my arms." Don't listen to him."

"I can take you to them. I give you my word...brother." Elijah looks to us briefly.

"Do it and I'll take you both out."

"You'll die."

"I don't care."

"I'm sorry."

"NO!!!!" Elijah rushes off with Klaus as the fire grows around us and we feel so defeated. Bonnie runs to me with Sofia in my arms.

"Is there anything you can do?" I ask her and she has tears in her eyes as she chants but nothing happens.

"We need to get back to the house. I can do something then."

"Even with this?" I motion to the stake inside her.

"I have to try."

__________________________________
Damon's POV

I carry Elena into the house and now it's a waiting game to see if John's spell he found will work. Stefan, Bonnie, and Sofia still haven't come back. "If you come back as a vampire I'll stake you myself. So don't do that. I can't have your sister hating me for doing this to you."

"How is she?" Jeremy asks.

"I don't know yet. Have you heard anything from Stefan?"

"No, not yet."

"What about Jenna?" Rick asks and I feel my heart fall. "No."

"I'm sorry Jeremy." Elena gasps for air as she sits up and we all rush to her side.

"What happened?" She asks out of breath but as far as I can tell she's not a vampire which means John's plan worked for once.

"Damon." I turn my head and my heart drops as I see Stefan holding Sofia's bloody body.

"What the hell happened?"

"She was fighting Klaus and winning but he got the upper hand and..." I take her body from Stefan and place her on the couch.

"Sofia." Elena comes to her sister's side. "She's dead, he killed her." She has tears streaming down her face not controlling herself.

"I tried giving her my blood but she was too far gone. I don't think she felt pain."