Drunk Stefan

I can't wait for you to all read what I have planned for Miss Mystic. Stay tuned.

Even with all the grief and sadness that has graced this town of ours Carole Lockwood still is moving forward with the 150-year anniversary kick-off party. It means another lavish party with boring music and exquisite food. Matt got to the party early saying something about Mayor Lockwood wanting to speak with him and Kelly. He's wanting to butter them up so they will vote for him again and he's doing a great job. 

I'm chowing down on some food while Elena is looking for Stefan. She finally finds him and he's drunk. I've never seen this side of serious Stefan. He never lets loose. He goes to change the music but that won't work but then again, he's a vampire he can compel someone to do whatever he wants. "I already tried to bribe the guy with 20 bucks and a date." Kelly joins Elena and me.

"Let me guess he said Carole Lockwood has control over the music." I state and Kelly nods her head.

"God, how did you stand dating her son? She must have been a handful."

"She was interesting, to say the least."

"And you'd be surprised what Stefan can accomplish when he puts his mind to it."

"She means he can even smile from time to time." I joke and Kelly laughs. I haven't seen or spoken to her since we've walked in on her hook up with Damon. All our attention is drawn to the upbeat music that now fills the room.

"Thank god." Kelly goes off to the dance floor.

"Have I entered an alternate universe where Stefan is fun?" Damon joins as we all look at Stefan who is now twirling Kelly around on the dance floor like he has no care in the world. This is the not the Stefan we know and I'm worried that the attack and torture from Fredrick are affecting him. I know Elena is feeling it because she's been worried none stop about him ever since they met.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Elena asks.

"Eventually." Elena and I both give him a look. "One way or another.

Everyone is enjoying themselves and I feel slightly out of place. Jenna and Alaric went off with each other Elena went to check on Stefan and I'm just alone. "When did this happen?" I perk up hearing Matt.

"The DJ had a change of heart." I respond.

"Want to dance?"

"I would love to." Matt whisks me to the dance floor and I squeal with excitement. It reminds me of our first dance at the Founder's party. Being in his arms I feel at my happiest and the most at ease. Matt is exactly what I need in my life and I'm hoping I am making him happy with everything he is going through.

"You look beautiful." He whispers in my ear.

"You're just saying that."

"I would never." He kisses my cheek. "But I mean it Sof, you look beautiful."

"We'll make it through all of this Matt. We have each other and..."

"You're all I need." Matt brings me in closer and we sway to the music. I need to relish in the simplicity of dancing with my boyfriend and not dwell on the unhappiness of my complicated life.

__________________________________
Elena's POV

Stefan was weirdly aggressive to the man I bumped into. It's a side of himself he's never shown me before and now I'm very worried for him. He's not himself and I fear that it's only going to get worse from here. "Have you noticed what your brother has been up to?" I ask Damon who is enjoying being a loner at the bar. I look over and see Sofia and Matt having a great time. She's laughing her head off as he twirls her around and even spins her in his arms. This is the happiness she's always needed and should always deserve.