Dark Times

I have so many plans and I know you all will love them. I can't wait for you all to read it.

I searched through my closest and found the only flapper-like dress that I believe could pass. Matt weirdly enough decided that he would escort Caroline and me to the dance. Elena found courage and did ask Stefan to the dance. They want to deny their feelings for each other but we still see the love they have for one another. I wish she wouldn't string Damon along while she figured out what she wanted. "I'm the man." Matt boasts as he leads us into the dance. He is more than thrilled to be our escort.

"Never say that again." I tell him shaking my head.

"Hey, I have two beautiful ladies on my arm. I'm a lucky man."

"Whatever you say, Matt." Caroline pats his chest. The dance is decked out in all of its 20's glory.

"Let's get this over with."

"What's he doing here?" Matt points and we see Tyler walking toward us. He's supposed to be in hiding but here he is. Caroline leaves us to deal with him.

"Want something to drink?"

"Yes please, and I hope someone spiked it. I don't want to remember this."

"Be right back." Matt heads off and I find a quiet table where no one will bother me. I should get used to going places alone. Everyone seems to have found their person in life and I'm here wondering what my purpose even is let alone someone to experience the good and the bad with.

"Don't you look lovely." My shoulders relax hearing his soothing voice. I turn to see him looking handsome as ever in a suit.

"Uh thank you."

"It seems you have been avoiding me."

"I have not."

"Really? Well, you haven't responded to any of my texts or calls."

"I was busy. Finals coming up and all. Lots of tests and projects."

"Sure it has nothing to do with you ambushing me in my house." My mouth drops open with his accusation and it makes him smile in a way he only can.

"I did not ambush you."

"On the contrary love, my lips were only but an innocent victim of your assault."

"Ass." He steps forward and I reaches for my hand.

"I thought of a million different scenarios of our first kiss."

"You think about us?" He reaches up and caresses my cheek.

"You are what I think about daily. You inspire me to do great things."

"Is this your way of telling me I'm your muse."

"In simple terms but nothing about you is simple. In fact, I would very much like to reenact our little scene in my library." I place my hands on his chest stopping him.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"And why's that?" God, why does his chest have to feel so good under my hands?

"It was one kiss. It doesn't have to mean anything."

"But it does." He takes one of my hands and brings it up for him to kiss. "Everything you do means so much to me. You do what you know is right never letting anyone tell you what to feel, think or do. You are magnificent." He starts to lean in and I don't stop him but he stops himself.

"What's wrong?" I see he's no longer looking at me, in fact, he's starting at something or someone else. He releases my hands and storms off and I follow quickly behind.