Another Funeral

I can't wait for season 2!!! Klaus!!!

Matt is still mortified by his mother's actions on our double date. He keeps saying sorry but there's nothing for him to be sorry for. Kelly has always been this way. She looks for a good time to avoid responsibilities in her life. To top off an already interesting night Stefan and Damon were attacked by tomb vampires. I was devastated finding out that this happened. It made what happened to Sheila that more painful. Elena didn't want me to call but I had to call and tell Bonnie what happened. She wouldn't answer my call but she did text appreciating me keeping her up to date, but that doesn't change that Bonnie's grandmother died for nothing. The vampires still got out of the tomb and now they're out for revenge. I wish more than anything I had an inkling of what my powers were or how to control them. I wish Bonnie was here to help me think through things and understand more about this supernatural world, but she's still avoiding everyone. She hasn't been back to school and it's making me worry if she'll ever come back. Bonnie is this glue that brings us all together in times of distress. I wish I could change the outcomes of what happened to her grandmother but I can't. No one can. The only thing we can do is move forward and learn from our mistakes in the best way possible.

Damon keeps calling and I eventually block him. I don't need to speak to him since he tormented Alaric about Isobel and for making out with Matt's mom. I'm also feeling lonely. Elena doesn't feel the guilt I have. I was the reason Sheila even agreed to let the vail down. I was the one who kept her from protecting this town. I will carry the guilt of her death for all my life and I wish I could find some way to ease the pain. The only way I can find some seclusion and piece is doing homework at the Grill. I can get some good food and when Matt has a break I can talk him up and ease both our minds.

Elena's name pops up on my screen and she normally texts me first so this makes me feel it's an emergency. "Hey, Lenny I'm..."

"Sofia, the tomb vampires took Stefan." She tries to sound as calm as possible but I know she's freaking out

"They took him. When?"

"Earlier today. Damon and I already went to the house and the won't let him go."

"Okay, how are we going to get him back?"

"Damon and I have an idea. Can you meet us at the school?' Matt is busy clearing tables and I know Elena needs me.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a few." I pack up my things and as I head for the door I bumped into Tyler and his dad. "Mayor Lockwood it's nice to see you." I greet him and Tyler even hugs me.

"It's been so long since we've seen you. Carole does miss your weekly dinners."

"She always had the best roast beef."

"You should come by one time for old time sakes." Tyler suggests.

"That sounds wonderful. It was nice seeing you two." I move towards the door but Mayor Lockwood stops me.

"Are you going out in that weather?"

"Just back home nowhere too far." 

"Good, be safe. See you around Sofia." He smiles back and I bolt to my car trying to get the school as fast and safe as I can.

__________________________________
I come in missing the rain to Alaric laying out all his vampire-slaying tools for us. I'm still in awe that he's my history teacher and a vampire hunter. Along with dating my aunt Jenna and being the husband of my dead mother. So many connections with a man who I once thought of as a stranger. I immediately envelop Elena in a hug knowing she needs some comfort. If this were Matt I would be losing my mind. She's holding up good for the possibility Stefan could die. "Teacher by day, vampire hunter by night."