Masquerade and Danger

Sorry for the long wait in-between updates. I've been really busy but I love reading all the support you guys have for my books. Please enjoy.

Jenna is all laughs about what happened. She thinks it's mortifying that she was the dumbest person to walk into a knife and end up in the hospital. Sadly, the rest of us know the darker truth. Katherine has made it evident that she can hurt us where it really matters. No matter how hard we try to protect the ones we love she proved to us she can harm them and we would never know.

"Easy there. Grab the door, Jeremy." Matt helps Jenna through the door.

"Stop fussing, I'm fine." Jenna assures us.

"The doctor said that you should take it easy." Elena reminds her.

"We don't want to visit the hospital again." I joke and she just smiles at me.

"Yeah, you don't want to rip your stitches, hemorrhage and die all right?" Jeremy jokes trying to make light of things.

"Yeah, the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment. I walked into a knife. How does somebody do that?" She asks and we all stop in our steps except for Matt.

"It was a freak accident." Elena offers as a reasonable response.

"Yeah, it happens." I add.

"Yeah, I mean I've done it, like 20 times at The Grill." Matt jokes and Jenna laughs again. "Okay, I'm being nice." Jeremy and Matt help Jenna into the couch as Elena and I handle placing her flowers and gifts safely on the table.

"What should I do with this?" Matt asks me holding up a brown bag.

"I got it." Elena takes it and heads to the kitchen. I receive a text from Damon telling me to come over to the boarding house when I have a chance. Jeremy and I have been talking with the rest of the group about needing to do something to stop Katherine. She crossed the line when she involved Jenna and she needs to stop. Elena is being kept in the dark against my better judgment because everyone feels she will let her emotions get in the way. She will want to fold once something starts going wrong or before we even start. She is the martyr of the group and would rather sacrifice herself than go down fighting.

__________________________________
Thankfully Matt is staying with Elena to help with Jenna while Jeremy and I head over to the boarding house. Elena thinks we're just going out for some fresh air but we're planning the way to take Katherine down. We even convinced Bonnie to help us despite her hesitation to get involved. "What's going on?" I hear Bonnie and Jeremy and I make our way into the house.

"We're gonna kill Katherine." Jeremy announces like it's no big deal.

"I can explain." Stefan assures Bonnie.

"Please."

"We're gonna kill Katherine."

"Sofia?" She looks to me after Stefan's lack of explanation.

"I just got here. All I know is we're getting that bitch one way or another." We make our way into the living where it seems Alaric is giving a demonstration on how to be an amateur vampire hunter for a night.

"Now this works with compressed air. The trigger is here. And for you, I recommend this." Alaric shows Stefan and Damon a wrist looking device with stakes attached to it. "Fits nicely under a jacket sleeve. Here's the trigger when you're ready." The stake flies out into his hand and he thrusts it into the air demonstrating how it works. "You wanted me to show you how to kill vampires." Alaric states noticing the stun faces in the room.

"Sofia?" Bonnie calls me over and I can see the worry in her face. "I don't feel good about this."

"I know it doesn't seem like a solid plain Bon, but we have to do something. She went after Jenna. She could hurt anyone of our loved ones and if she thinks we won't do anything to stop her she wins. If we do nothing she wins. At least this way we know we tried to stop her."