Facing Bonnie

Here's another update. Getting closer to Klaus and did I mention Klaus!

Bonnie has been avoiding my and Elena's phone calls ever since we last saw her at the funeral. I know she blames us for what happens and I still haven't gotten over that Sheila only risked her life because I was stuck in that damn tomb. My weird unexplainable supernatural ability essential killed Bonnie's grandmother. There's not a day since I wish I was still locked in the tomb and Sheila could have lived especially since the spell didn't last. Bonnie wouldn't even look at us when she took her seat in history. She forced herself to look anywhere else but in our direction. Elena is taking it hard than needs to be because she takes this as Bonnie will forever hate us or resent us being in her life. This is why we're now tracking Bonnie down to speak with her. We can't let her go a whole day ignoring us. She needs to know that we're still here for her and will support her in any way she needs.

"Bonnie." Elena calls after her.

"Hey." She briefly looks at us and faces forward continuing to walk away from us.

"Bonnie, hey we uh tried to talk to you after class." I say and she slows down.

"You already took off." She turns to face us now. No smile on her face nothing to indicate where our friendship lies. "How are you? How's your family?" Elena asks.

"We're dealing. It's been hard."

"Everyone here missed you." I smile at her hoping she would return it.

Blank expression from her. "Yeah, I just had so much to deal with. After grams' funeral and honestly after Elena told me that the tomb's spell failed, I just didn't really want to come back."

"We hope you understand why Elena called. We wanted you to know before you came home." I state but nothing is changing. Bonnie is still as cold as she's ever been to us.

"Yeah, I understand why. I just wish I didn't know."

"Bonnie, I'm..."

"Bonnie!" Caroline calls and we stop our conversation. Caroline used to annoy Bonnie but she's actually smiling at her. "Bonnie! Thank god you're home!" Caroline brings her into a giant hug. She even returned it. "I know we talked every day, but I missed you!"

"You talked every day?" I ask shocked. I couldn't Bonnie to answer a text let alone a phone call after telling her about the spell failing.

"Yeah, I'm sure she just missed your calls." Caroline ignores Elena and me. "How are you doing?" Caroline is perky as ever it's almost nauseating.

"Better. Just better. You know, just glad to be back, and try to keep myself busy."

"Well, I can help with that. Major wardrobe confab needed asap. You need to help me pick the perfect dress for the Founder's court."

"Oh." Bonnie smiles at this idea.

"The Founder's Court?" Elena asks puzzled. "Did I miss something?" She looks to all of us. And I shake my head. I've been too preoccupied to pay attention to school announcements.

"The Founder's Court." Caroline says this like we know what she's talking about. "Miss Mystic Falls."

"Oh, right that was being announced this week." I say understanding.

"Yeah, they announced it today. And uh...the two of you and I are on it."

"Uh excuse me, by you two you mean Bonnie and Elena."

"Uh no. It was announced that Sofia and Elena Gilbert are on the Founder's court." I never wanted to do this pageant that they hold every year. I never even signed up.