Mother of a Ball

I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

I have no control over my body. All I remember is being at Caroline's and then I found myself driving. I said nothing it was like I was a robot. Nothing feels like it's in my control as I walk towards the Lockwood property. I walk down lighting every lamp in my way illuminating the dark caves. I try telling myself to stop but nothing is working as my feet carry me all the way to the cave with the locked coffin. "Sofia?" I see Abby talk to me but I act like I don't even notice her. "Bonnie said you might be able to help." I move closer to the coffin and place my hands on it. All the candle in the cave light up almost burning our flesh but I control it and finally, the lid opens. "Sofia?" I look to Abby confused and I fall to the ground feeling nothing.

__________________________________
Damon's POV

Stefan is less than thrilled we're going to dinner at Klaus' but we need this while Bonnie and her mom work on opening the coffin. Elijah seems to be on our side whatever that means. "Niklaus, our guests have arrived." Elijah greeted us at the front door.

"Damon, Stefan. Elijah tells me you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement." We look around and the dinner table is set for us and women dressed in matching outfits waiting to serve us. "Like civilized me, shall we?" I look to Elijah asking if his brother is serious.

"It's better to indulge him." He warns us and I nod heading toward the table but Stefan is stubborn like always.

"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. In fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to, cause you would hear us out."

"Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. Choice is yours." Klaus takes a seat and smirks at us.

I got Stefan to sit down but not eat. Can't he make things easy for once? "Thank you, love."

"You lost your appetite." Klaus keeps egging Stefan on trying to get a reaction from him.

"Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home." I joke trying to lighten the mood.

"That's the spirit." Klaus comments as Stefan picks up his fork. "Isn't this nice? The four of us dining together. Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger out of my brother?" Klaus directs his question to me.

"Well, I know what he felt about you, so I figured the more the merrier."

"Well, Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels over the centuries. But we always make it through."

"Kind of like, uh, you and Rebekah, right?" Well shit, here it comes. "Where is she by the way? Last I checked, she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her."

"If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother...I've already come clean to Elijah."

"Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad? Might want to dial down the judgment till dessert."

"We're here to make a deal Damon. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses." Klaus chuckles at this.

"I'm just saying we have a long evening ahead of us. Pace yourself."

__________________________________
More awkward conversation later and we're still not done eating. "Stefan, where is the lovely Elena tonight?" Elijah asks with a smile and Stefan I both cringe at her name. Things are still weird between all of us.

"I don't know ask Damon." Klaus can't help but laugh at our issues.

"I'm sorry you missed so much. Ah, trouble in paradise."